Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Washed My Tt This Weekend, But I Accidently Sprayed Some Other Bottle Cleaner And It Left Bunch Of Streaks And Made The Rim A Little Dull. I've Used 303, Back To Black, Both Helped A Little, But The Spray Of The Streaks Still Remain. Anyone Can Suggest A Polish Or Something To Remove The Streaks To Get Them Back To A Flat Matte Black Finish? Thanks!

·
Registered
482 Posts
Try Stoner's Invisible Glass. I had some milky-looking fingerprints on the black piece around the passenger window. NOTHING would take them off, so I got curious and said what the heck I'll try window cleaner and sure enough it cut it off with out even rubbing. So needless to say its my go-to cleaner for EVERYTHING (except painted surfaces) now. Hope this helps.

·
Banned
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yah, the streaks aren't too noticeable from afar, but can see close up, that sucks. I've tried like 5 different cleaners, etc. no luck. :( The bottle that was used was the stupid Bleche white wall cleaner and it just left it's running streaks when it was sprayed on.

·
Banned
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yah, the streaks aren't too noticeable from afar, but can see close up, that sucks. I've tried like 5 different cleaners, etc. no luck. :( The bottle that was used was the stupid Bleche white wall cleaner and it just left it's running streaks when it was sprayed on.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Well, if worse come to worse you can always buy a new set of Black TRD rims for the street and just use your old ones for the trail thrashing!!!:rocker:

·
Premium Member
5,235 Posts
The bottle that was used was the stupid Bleche white wall cleaner and it just left it's running streaks when it was sprayed on.
Sorry to hear that streaked them.
I have been using Bleach White for several years every time I wash the rig.
I Ajax the tires, then spray that stuff on too, and it gets on the wheels.

It never reacted in any harmful way to the 17" factory alloys I had, and never to the Pro Comp black 7089s either.

·
Banned
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yah, it's weird, i've been checking it everyday and re-clothing it and cleaning, seems to slowly go away, but barely. I just think it's the black that shows it more prominent than Silver or chrome alloys. Thnx for the help and suggestions.

·
Banned
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Instead of getting another set of black trds, i just got some bilstein 5100 on 2nd to highest setting and love it! Black trds still looking good from afar.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
its just the wheels they suck. Mine have the same thing to them and it dosnt come off. its crappy but you cant really do anything about it. Toyota should replace them I think its ridiculous that this happens for no reason.

·
Registered
492 Posts
My wheels are the same was as well on my TT. I don't know how it happened... maybe while at the carwash the person washing thought it would be easier to put tire dressing on both the rims and the tires.

Tried some detail spray and it helped a little.

Gonna try some meguiars wheel cleaner when I get around to washing it myself.

There is also Wheel Wax which may also help... I gots to find it in my garage.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
On the black steelies they get dull fast.A forum member suggested wood polish.Is that little yellow bottle with a scent of lemon.Works great on the wheels and its not like armor all.Wont leave a nasty mess.Try it out.My dad try it on his alloys works good.Beats buying all these cleaners.:bigthumb:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts