Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!

How much of your driving is "off-road"?

• My FJC almost never sees pavement - 90-100%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • My FJ has never seen dirt except that tracked in by the kids.

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
I think you put best: Eating rocks and sh#@%*& dirt? 2wd trail rig.:bandit:

·
Registered
449 Posts
erands and dirt
not a daily driver

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'm lucky enough to have to go 4 wheeling to get to work.:wave:

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Mostly a trail truck, so all the miles are on the highway getting to the trails.:rocker::clap::cheers:

·
Registered
375 Posts
I have seen more miles in a HMMWV on pavement and sand lately than I care to think about....... even more miles in a Nissan Civillian...... (aprox 30 passenger bus)
But the FJ Will see some dirt when I get home. It is also my Daily Driver so it will likely see much more pavement than dirt.

·
Premium Member
6,865 Posts
I voted 40% but it is probably more like 30% but what ever. I do feel I work to much and don't wheel enough, but that is the name of the game work then play. :)

·
Registered
191 Posts
I think this thread is telling me something ... I work too much!

Missed out on an overnight with my TLCA club because of work. But some of us are looking at quick day trips to get off pavement, because that's why we play the game.

·
Premium Member
2,303 Posts
Answer: Other

I drive my FJ 20% or less off road. Not because I work too hard (I'm retired), but because it's my daily driver and I have too many other things to do and too many other cars to drive (including a Jeep that I'm more willing to sacrifice and that's better equipped to handle gnarly terrain off-road).

·
Premium Member
8,285 Posts
I picked "work too much and play too little" although a lot of my work miles are either off-road or getting there. I don't commute for everyday work, but we live far enough from town that it gets quite a few miles just going there and back for gas and groceries, post office, etc. Maybe I should have voted "other".

·
Registered
218 Posts
My FJ is a roadtrip machine that can still play once I get out of the flatlands and into the mountains. So far ~25% of my mileage has been on the Interstate heading for the hills.

·
Trail Snail
3,246 Posts
Am I suppose to be happy that I am in the largest group, or sad because I work too much??

1 - 18 of 18 Posts