Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

How much did you pay above/below MSRP?

• Total voters
61 - 80 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just accidentally voted 2000+ over, thinking it was 2000 or more UNDER (can a mod change it). Sticker was 35,300 and made a deal for 30 plus 900 for delivery. There was no hard ball, as I just kept going back and hanging out with the guys. I got a few Internet offers and once a 2013 showed up, they moved on the 12. It was a good deal and everyone was great to work with plus I got a free hitch and the standard 2 years of synthetic service. Additionally, when I ordered some accessories the manager sold me everything below retail. I was a referral sale and because I work and for a major local employer they knew I would send them some business.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello,
I purchased my '13 from dealer stock from Scott Clark Toyota on their last day open before Christmas, during Toyotathon.

I had brought my 2010 TRD in for scheduled maintenance and was looking at new models while waiting. I had recently read the FJ's had the highest resale value of any car model and decided to have it appraised for an outright purchase by the dealer. The number they gave me was happily surprising, but the cost of the appraisal was to be attached by the hip to one of the salesman. I guess I don't need to tell the rest.

My deal was more of a horse trade, so exact numbers are hard to say, but here goes.

My purchase price was exactly $2000 under MSRP
The tricky part was that I had been refusing to buy anything other then a TRD model(I was unaware they were no longer sold in 2013). The sales manager tried to sell me on the Cement TT model, but it wasn't for my taste, so I was preparing to leave, nearly closing time. Then, the sales manager offered to let me keep the wheels and tires from my 2010 2WD TRD(only 16,900 miles), as well as the wheels and tires that came with the 2013. I made the deal. I dont know the value of the wheels and tires, but have put them n the new one. Not sure yet if I will sell the others or keep them.
I would guess the total is about $3000, I was very happy, and it was unexpected.:)

·
Registered
17 Posts
i just bought my 1st FJ....'13....Brand New Iceburg White 4x4 w/ JBL Rear backup Camera...i traded a 2011 Tundra Crewmax SR5... anyway...dealer gave me a pretty good value on trade but not the best deal on the FJ..FJ 2k off msrp...final price before trade was 35k..San Antonio TX Universal Toyota.. Should have gone to Red McCombs Toyota instead and asked for Shane Mitchell

·
Registered
74 Posts
I thought I didn't get a great deal on my 13 TT, but I am really shocked to see the results of this poll. For some reason I was thinking invoice price at first and I was like "oh boy I did terrible"...but then I realized it was MSRP! WAY more than a grand under MSRP.

I'm not a good negotiator, but for some reason on cars I am OK. My STi was on the dealers lot for 6 months (5k on a factory demo), I came and left at least 3 times and still only got a grand or so off what they were asking. I felt like I got bent over but I tried as hard as I possibly could with them. On the truck I was somewhat desperate because of the situation with my jeep and wasn't as willing to walk out as I normally would be, but apparently I still got a decent deal.

I def understand not wanting to grind with the dealer (I hate it) but a little research on invoice price will give you a decent place to start with them. Never pay MSRP! Ever!

·
Registered
10,293 Posts
This was a joke, btw. Either everyone ignored or were too polite to say, "dude you got gouged"

@RussLaraway
Dude, you got raked over the coals! :jester:

I got an '07 for 20k with only 40.000 miles on it!
Same here one year ago... 20k incl tax, title, and license for my 07 MT with 41000 miles. Now, in one year, I have over 63000! I also have dumped another $6000 plus in mods and I'm not even closed to finished....But I'm still way ahead of buying a new unmodded FJ :cheers:

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
419 Posts
I'm picking up my first FJ this friday! I think I might have stolen it? I'm in $16k for an 07 with only 36k miles on it! Excited to finally drive a Tonka Truck... Now must resist modding...

·
Registered
8,951 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
41,495 before taxes for a 2013 TT which is 1000 under MSRP

·
Registered
71 Posts
I bought my 2007 FJ MT with all options for $15,500 (oh yeah!) back in May of 2010 with 85k miles on it. It was in great shape too!

·
Registered
57 Posts
bought my base 2007 brand new for $21,700. 29k miles later, i could sell it and get almost the same amount.

·
Registered
67 Posts
This week I bought a "new" 2012 with the Convenience and Off Road
packages, daytime running lights, 17" alloys with alloy spare, all weather mats, roof rack, pass. arm rest and wheel locks for $28,884, $4266 under the MSRP of $33,150.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Dang, danorox thats a sweet deal ehh ?

61 - 80 of 116 Posts