Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

How much did you pay above/below MSRP?

• Total voters
101 - 116 of 116 Posts

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Ooooop! :mecry:

I screwed up the poll. I accidentally entered $500-999 over MRSP.

For the base vehicle including dealer added options, not including registration and taxes, the MRSP was $35751.00. I paid $34052.00. That is $1699.00 below MRSP. This purchase was completed on September 25, 2013. The vehicle is my new 2014 cement FJ Cruiser. I feel confident that I got a fair price.

The correct response should have been $1699.00 BELOW MRSP. :wave:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Paperwork says I paid roughly $2000 under MSRP, but really they were just as easily giving me more for my trade either way. It's always better to play with cash to get the real deal.

Today's new car interest rates also sweeten the pot, next to nothing on a loan.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Negotiated price 32011 down from 34751MSRP (2740 below MSRP, or 677 over invoice).
2014 6MT 4X4, convenience, and off-road packages, 17" alloy, Rock Rails, Roof Rack, Trailer Hitch, and Preferred Accessory Package. P.S. this is a factory order.

I was fed up negotiating, just to give you an idea how bad it was, I actually got into screeming fits with 2 Toyota salesmen. Been looking for one since September.

As for people who are asking about paying more or less then MSRP (my 2 cents) it differs from one person to another. If your welling to negotiate then you'll get a lower price, if it stress you out your better off paying the dealers price. Another thing, it depends on what time of the year/month you go to buy. Last thing if you walk into a dealer who just gave an FJ at 7K lower then MSRP, then forget about getting a good price because they need to make up for it.

There are a lot of things that go into pricing and negotiating for a new car I was shocked.

Cheers
G

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
57 Posts
I bought my 2012 fully loaded (except trailer hitch) in March of 2012. MSRP was $34,804. I paid $32,800. I feel I got a fair deal, but not great. It was the car I wanted and no one else had the color at that time.

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
I paid MSRP. Here in Vegas they can't keep enough FJ Cruisers in their lots. Especially now that word is getting out this will be the last year of the FJC. I was bent on getting the color I wanted(Army Green). Weekly I would check dealer(s) inventories and when one came in finally with the correct packages installed I dove on it and drove it home that night! For me securing the correct FJ was more important than saving a few $ especially since I don't ever plan on selling it.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I paid MSRP. Here in Vegas they can't keep enough FJ Cruisers in their lots. Especially now that word is getting out this will be the last year of the FJC. I was bent on getting the color I wanted(Army Green). Weekly I would check dealer(s) inventories and when one came in finally with the correct packages installed I dove on it and drove it home that night! For me securing the correct FJ was more important than saving a few $ especially since I don't ever plan on selling it.
Congrats Solo on the rig and color. I'm an AG my self, waited for 3 month to get the right one.

Cheers
G

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
133 Posts
Bought a 2013 fully loaded. Got it for a couple grand under invoice, not just under MSRP.

STORYTIME!

So the salesman told me that my FJ had been ordered online by a guy who had picked out all the options. When the car was delivered from the factory to the dealer and it came time to make the sale, Toyota discovered that the guy was trying to avoid paying taxes by having the car shipped overseas or something. So the dealer nixed the deal and the FJ sat on the lot for a couple of months. Salesman said it was a sore subject for them, blah blah blah.

I don't know how much (if any) of that is true, but I don't care what the story is, if I'm paying below invoice!

·
Premium Member
1,380 Posts
2010 I paid MSRP 35,??? but when I got the 2013 we battled for 2 or 3 hours and I started to leave a couple times. MSRP was 35,624 and I paid 30,200.
I was happy with that and will absolutely haggle next time I buy a car. I just hate haggling but it does save serious money.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I just bought a 2014 Army Green MT base (steelies no roof rack, only option CQ) for $29.7k after TTL. I think I got them down to $28.1k before TTL...I just remember at ones more optioned out for like 7/8 grand more sticker price

·
Registered
67 Posts
I traded in a car so depending on how you look at it I either paid MSRP or got more $ for my trade-in :) Either way I got a 2014 FJC for a good price (calculated with trade-in/negative equity/sale price of FJ is about the equivalent of ~$2k off MSRP) and am darn happy about it! Stock steelies Cement w/white roof, convenience package & offroad package.

I haggled for a few days via email and in person. I visited 2 other dealers and also went in and haggled for a few days over the phone and email. Best deal I saw was a little over $3k off MSRP.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just purchased my brand new 2014 FJ last night at $3200 under msrp. This is also my first post. 2014 Army Green AT 4x4 convenience package fully loaded; and I am pretty excited about my new baby.

101 - 116 of 116 Posts