That'll buff out!

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
ouch! insurance time.

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
I'd be curious to see how much actual damage that did. Sure the branch is heavy, but it didn't fall very far and it would have started at the lighter end obsorbing the blow as it went. Might not be too bad.

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts

:(

·
Registered
838 Posts
new Baja Rack and it's all better

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I'd be curious to see how much actual damage that did. Sure the branch is heavy, but it didn't fall very far and it would have started at the lighter end obsorbing the blow as it went. Might not be too bad.
Ditto, and it looks like he has some type of aftermarket cross bars that took the brunt of the force.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I'd venture to say that the roof rack took the majority of the impact. $5 says it's scratch-less... at least before they try removing the limb.

·
Registered
341 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,988 Posts
I'd venture to say that the roof rack took the majority of the impact. $5 says it's scratch-less... at least before they try removing the limb.
Could be true as it looks as though it fell diagonally across the main rail. Might have some minor hood damage but not too bad overall IMO.

·
Premium Member
1,491 Posts
How to camo a sun fusion. Fail or Win?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Strap it down and take it home for firewood!

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Worst case they will replace the roof and the roof rack. My FJ got in a fight with a pine tree branch and almost won.......New roof and got an ARB 1/2 rack out of it. That guy probably has about 4 to 6 grand worth of damage.

·
Registered
436 Posts

This tree fell on mine and did $6000 worth of damage! That one looks quite a bit heavier.

·
Registered
3,957 Posts

This tree fell on mine and did $6000 worth of damage! That one looks quite a bit heavier.
YACK!
You're right buddy the first picture that limb, unless it was balsa is gonna weight a few hundred pounds.

Time to move to a warmer climate and make it a convertible.....:bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
I'll comment on the first picture first: I'd just hop in fire it up, get going down the road & jam the breaks on. That'll do it.
The 2nd picture: Wow! That did $6000 worth of damage? What the hell did it damage? It doesn't really look all that bad to me, $6000 in damage, did it kink the roof or something like that?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts