Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You know like on the old 2 door blazers. I think it will help air ventilation for front passengers giving the air a place to go out behind you instead of wacking you in the face. Then rear passengers can get some air as well.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
X2, it'd be nice to actually have funtional window that at least roll down or pop open.:bandit:

·
Registered
190 Posts
Yes...

Pop open windows on the rear doors...

Like the ones on the Tacoma Xtra Cabs.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Oh yeah! pop open passenger windows would be the best.

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
I wish and add a sliding rear window to that must have. Why it was not included is a mystery to me.
Price. bottom line. the FJ was a SEMA truck that had a great response. They rushed into production and accounted for safety, performance, and other essentials while overlooking some creature comforts. From talking with some of the folks who have done some of the surveys with the Toy reps, the more they offer, the more the price goes up(a lot). I understand the problems so far in the development of this aftermarket product in particular. the main thing is that the clamshell door is a structural load bearing door and nobody wants to chop and drill it for safety reasons. Of course anything is do-able but for now most R&D has gone into performance products. I still believe if someone came out with an easy bolt on (so to speak) kit it would sell like crack. but so far nobody has come up with such a kit. As for the rear window, well I just open it. BZwires showed me how to take a dog leash clip and clip it onto the window latch then the other end swivels and locks into the rear door hook. this way you dont get the door open light. Just make sure you wrap it in electrical or rubber tape for the rattle.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts