·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That Thread is about the rear window. I mean the window on the suicide doors, converting them to a pop-out style window.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not a problem, now you know how I feel most of the day!!!

:lookaround:

·
Registered
479 Posts
Pop out windows so the FJ can easily be stolen. I think I will pass.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hmmm, I was thinking of the same thing earlier today. I don't see why the latch/ hinges couldn't be adapted from some other vehicle. My friends Explorer sport( the 2-door explorer model ) has pop out windows between the b/c pillars. Nice to have for ventilation. I think the hardest part would be getting the window off the door frame w/out breaking it. Gonna have to take the door apart to see if this is do-able, as this 2 windows only thing is killing me. I love fresh air, it's gotta be @ least 95+ b/f I even turn on the a/c and partially roll up the windows. Well, if this doesn't work.....might have to get a sunroof put in.

·
Registered
96 Posts
BUMP

I would have expected some aftermarket pop-out windows by now....anyone know of any? With summertime coming soon....having those side vent windows would be great (especially for my passengers in the back!)

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Might cut down on some of the interior wind noise...

·
Registered
118 Posts
Boy, if you guys figure this one out let me know. I've been thinking about this mod since I picked up me truck from the dealer last summer. I love driving with the windows open but can't because I won't be able to here for 2 days out of my left ear.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Although this is an old thread, I too would have thought that some after market firm would have developed and offered a solution by now. Maybe if several folks add verbage to this topic, it will attract the attention of an after market firm.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes, I am kinda surprised that an aftermarket solution hasn't happened yet.... I can imagine that it could/should be done!!!!

I don't have the skills to create anything like this, I would break too much glass!!!!

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
I would be interested.

·
Registered
468 Posts
My passengers would much appreciate this type of mod.

·
Registered
849 Posts
i'd be VERY interested! wow.........pop out windows would be soooooooo awesome. i've been watching the market and threads for aftermarket stuff.

·
Registered
35 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
I think this is a great idea also and would be interested. They should have put this as standard equipment in my opinion given the small size of the back window and seating area to make the back feel a little less claustrophobic.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
I hate to say it, but the Element has it..... Wonder if that can be adapted to the FJ??? You can kinda see it in this pic.....

Here is another pic of it!!!!

1 - 20 of 247 Posts