Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BFG M/T 255/85/16. Aired down to ~22#'s.

There's quite the air leak between the bead and wheel. The wheel nor tire don't look messed up. Anyone know if this is wheel or tire related? I need this solved by next weekend.

Stock 16" cast wheel, btw.

Thanks

·
Banned
3,591 Posts
You picked up some dirt or a small rock between the tire and rim......you might have to pop the bead and reseat the tire.....after cleaning it out of course......

Dump some soapy water on it first to make sure that is were the air is leaking....

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You picked up some dirt or a small rock between the tire and rim......you might have to pop the bead and reseat the tire.....after cleaning it out of course......

Dump some soapy water on it first to make sure that is were the air is leaking....
Thanks. I'm positive it's leaking there, as muddy water was bubbling in that area.

How would you advise popping the bead?

·
Banned
3,591 Posts
Thanks. I'm positive it's leaking there, as muddy water was bubbling in that area.

How would you advise popping the bead?

Flatten the tire.....give it a few good kicks(or roll back and forth on it untill it pops off).....clean it out.....ratchet strap around the tire to re-seat....and fill 'er back up......

Or go to your local tire shop and toss the worker dude a $10 and have him do it:bigthumb:

Here's how you do it on the trail/in the river/on a cliff....

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts