Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
One Man Wolf Pack
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've done some searching on Portable air compressor mounts and I've only been able to find mounts for the engine compartment and the inside of the FJ.

Has anyone mounted your air compressor under your rig in the rear by the bumper?

I know that with all the elements this is not a prime location so I'm hoping that someone has come up with a strong box to protect the compressor.

Also what compressors would you suggest for 33" tires? I've looked for a portable air compressor review or comparison on this page and I could not find one.

Any pics/info/help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Nate

·
Premium Member
8,988 Posts
I've seen compressors mounted under a vehicle but never within a box. The reason is that they generate a lot of heat when running for very long. When airing up, they will run continuously for 10 minutes or more. I would not put one in a box inside or under the FJ unless it is forced-air cooled.

Viair (check the bottom of the vendor list) is a very well known compressor manufacturer and can point you to the right model choice which you can then buy from whoever has the best deal. There are other fancy-smancy compressors out there for way more money (see Overland Journal reviews) but these are good.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts