Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at Sam's Club yesterday, and couldn't pass this up:

Sam's Club - Channellock Mechanic's Tool Set - 176pc

I've been meaning to get a small tool set for the FJ, and couldn't beat the price. Plus, it's a fairly slim case that can be stored flat in the back or strapped vertically.

Anyway, thought I'd pass along the find to anyone interested...

·
Premium Member
5,235 Posts
That is a very good price indeed.
Good set to keep in the rig.

If I did not have a bunch of Craftsman tools already in the rig, I would get that.

·
Premium Member
2,504 Posts
I'm tempyted by this one every time I visit my local Sam's club.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts

·
Banned
2,479 Posts
I have had a set of these in my FJ since I bought it. Actually great tools - the case actually holds the tools in place as well. I recommend them for a good value - for those die-hard long-time Craftsman fans, take another look - their product has substantially decreased in quality over the past few years.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I have had a set of these in my FJ since I bought it. Actually great tools - the case actually holds the tools in place as well. I recommend them for a good value - for those die-hard long-time Craftsman fans, take another look - their product has substantially decreased in quality over the past few years.
Yes it has. Their drills are ****, and the only sockets that I have ever had the walls break off of are the Craftsman ones I bought last spring. I used them 3 times, and only to run Lag bolts into pre drilled holes in wood beams to install Plasma and LCD mounts. 3 mounts, and it broke. Life time replacement warranty or not, that is some serious bull **** to have a socket break from that, and so early in life.

Their drill bits are garbage as well.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Have to agree. I bought a Stanley Set several years ago for the trail. I find myself using it more often than my Craftsman tools. The craftsman ratchets blow.

·
Registered
133 Posts
And i just switch over to costco. Maybe they will let me slide since i still have the sams card. Cant beat that price.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Ordered a set for the PU trailer - so my current tools can stay where they belong - in the FJ! :)

Thx for the heads-up.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I was just there yesterday (Monday) & completely forgot about it even though I posted in this thread a few hours prior. It's a good thing I forgot about it otherwise I probably would've bought it on the spot. :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts