Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
2013 FJ 4x4
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, I am currently looking at a 2013 fj with a little over 60k miles. Trying to get some information as to what to look at problematic out of the ordinary. Currently it has a wrap that will need to be removed over the next couple years. Going to take it for a test ride tomorrow, and possibly make an offer after that. Any input you may have would be grealy appreciated.

MOAB SUPERSTAR
Welcome! Look for regular maintenance records, and bring a flashlight to have a good look for rust on the underside. Surface rust is no big deal, but any bubbling, flaking, or holes in the frame steel could be trouble. Other than that, drive it and see if magic happens 馃槏

Registered
I bought one with 165k a few months ago with no records to speak of, though I have located some since.

No issues so far. IMO, just avoid anything that has rust or has been in a collision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Registered
Do you like the Wrap? Is it a screaming deal?

Personally I dont buy a vehicle with a wrap. No clue condition of paint underneath. Just my .02

Registered
2013 FJ 4x4
Discussion Starter #5
So, after looking at it a few times and two test drives, I went ahead and decided to purchase it. It has fairly good records. one owner. the wrap was my big concern because it will need to be pulled in the next year or two. I got to speak with the owner that traded it in, and the original dealership about the wrap. According to the story, the dealer had three white ones sitting on the lot brand new that weren't selling. So, after some time, the dealer decide to go ahead and wrap them in hopes of them selling. The owner told me via phone that she bought the vehicle new from the dealership with the wrap.

I got a really good deal considering how clean it is, and the mileage. Best case, i take the wrap off and it looks great. Worst case, I will need to rewrap it, or paint it. Ive accepted that as a possible outcome so...

thanks for everyones thoughts and input.

Registered
Congrats on your FJ!
Given the amount of modding that happens to FJs :), I like your thought process about the wrap.
A clean 2013 with good records and miles sounds like a great FJ.

Registered
Absolutely crazy in my mind that the dealer did a wrap in Sun Fusion sort of color rather than white because they werent selling. To my understanding Toyota dropped the Sun Fusion because it wasnt selling that great and seems to be one of the least liked colors on the FJ forums.

Out here in Colorado, white is one of the absolute best colors for holding up to the sun exposure and doesnt really show dirt like the darker colors. Also...the White FJs are closest to the TT versions of any model with the white roof.

I like the yellow, but wouldnt be afraid of ditching the wrap and going to white. Yellow looks even better with more items blacked out like the TT versions. Would like to see an all Yellow TT version. Your wrap looks more "Lemon Yellow" than the "Taxicab Yellow" of the Sun Fusion.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts