Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

My name is John and I am currently in need of some guidance or assistance with a situation. I have recently purchased an item from a member on this forum, FJ B, and the item is not in 100% working condition. I took possession of the item on Friday Dec 17th 2010 and installed the item on Sunday Dec 19th 2010. I had come to find out that evening that the product did not work 100% and immediately reached out to the seller, FJ B, admitting that the product might be faulty. I have been trying to contact this member via text and phone call since I warned him of the issue on Sunday and have heard nothing back over the last 5 days.

The only reason this throws up a red flag for me is because the seller, FJ B, has stayed in daily communication with me up until the product was discussed, purchased, and shipped to my door. He was even courteous enough to wait to cash the check I mailed to him until the product arrived at my doorstep. Thus, his communication and demeanor has been great up until I texted him that the product was not working 100%. I don’t want to paint him in a bad light just yet and I don’t want to be too quick to fly off the handle given it’s a busy time of the year or if he has had a personal emergency.

All I am asking from the members here is that if you are a friend of FJ B or have a way of speaking to him, I feel that I deserve a call from him to discuss the problem. I have left numerous voicemails and texts with him explaining that I will ship the product back to him on my own dime, and that I would just like my money back.

This forum is invaluable to me and I love the FJ community and hope this situation can be resolved.

Thanks,
John

·
Registered
3,957 Posts
Well you seem to be quite diplomatic. Good luck.

·
fka gremlin2050
1,775 Posts
on his profile it states he has not logged in since 12-18-2010 05:29 PM. Probably on vacation for the holidays....

·
Premium Member
3,394 Posts
I always wait 30 days before posting BUSINESS on a forum. Just my 2 cents. Its not like we can send him to jail, collections or risk our lives to make someone do something they don't or can't do at a particular time?

I agree with FJJEREMY, he could be in the hospital too. You just never know hence my 30 day rule on business.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I always wait 30 days before posting BUSINESS on a forum. Just my 2 cents. Its not like we can send him to jail, collections or risk our lives to make someone do something they don't or can't do at a particular time?

I agree with FJJEREMY, he could be in the hospital too. You just never know hence my 30 day rule on business.
Thanks for the tip. I think 30 days is a little long though. Feels like the trail gets "cold" after this long. Most sellers at that point would get upset that the buyer took 30 days to dispute a product. I think it's better to warn potential buyers of a situation as soon as possible in case this person had more to sell.

I know that this a buyer beware world and I am not expecting the FBI to knock down this guy's door. Would be nice to recoup some or all of my loss though. Working with the moderators and members on here has been helpful and I am thankful for that.

I myself just got back from vacation so I understand completely the timing of this is not perfect and people are busy. I will continue to try and contact the seller this coming week.

John

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts

I think that this is wise too. Even though you're saying that your not tainting his name so to speak, you are. A lot of people read these forums, and do many of transactions with each other. It looks like there's no activity on the forum, and the OP'r needed to take that into consideration before this thread was posted.

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
The person's place of employment was posted on this thread as well, I took it off, since there hasn't been much activity on that person's part.

Please be considerate with people's personal info. It's not your's to give out. If you feel like helping another forum member out, pm them with the info rather than spewing where everyone on the forum can read.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well it's been 30 days and still zero contact from the seller. I have reached out to him EVERY day since Dec 17th. I have called his personal phone, texted, and called his work and not a peep.

The gloves aren't off completely though...I will not hold it against him if he still made right on this deal even another month from now.

All I can say is that I would NOT DO FUTURE BUSINESS WITH FJ B ever again!

If he ever decides to respond or I miraculously get ahold of him I will post it in here to give this guy an ounce of credit back.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Well if he advertised the product as working then the buyer has a case to get his/her money back. That's fraud and illegal!

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Good Luck John, I'm guessing that since the transaction was made he considers it final.
Yeah, it's starting to sink in that this is a lost cause...Usually the squeaky wheel gets the grease right? Too easy to ignore people this day and age with cell phones and email...

I hope your suspension install is going well! See ya man.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Yeah, it's starting to sink in that this is a lost cause...Usually the squeaky wheel gets the grease right? Too easy to ignore people this day and age with cell phones and email...

I hope your suspension install is going well! See ya man.
This is one reason why I like to use paypal for over the phone/internet deals.
Paypal sucks for the most part, but at least you have some recourse when someone tries to shaft you.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well, gloves are off... called this d-bag's work last night and the young lady who answered the phone went to get the seller and as she was approaching him with the phone I heard him in the background say to her "just hang up" and then the line went dead. They would not answer when I called back.

I am done with the updates to this thread because I have nothing forum appropriate to say. I guess ex-FJ owners forget their manners pretty quickly.

Thanks to everyone here for the help. Hopefully karma finds its way to Bowling Green, KY and pays a visit to FJ B.

John

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Sorry to hear that.... I've been burned by a member and have yet to take action. I have been impressed by the quality of people in our community overall. But there will always be a couple of bad apples. I'm wondering if it's worth exposing them on the forums as a way to warn others... Or keep it on a personal level to avoid drama.

That is the question I've been wrestling with for over 6 months and multiple attempts to collect...

·
Registered
132 Posts
Expose this idiot make sure the whole board here knows not to deal with deadbeats!

Sorry to hear this I have been burned too and it sucks

1 - 20 of 54 Posts