Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just trying to get a idea on how many TTUE's have experienced broken springs. I know a lot of owners have lifted the TTUE's but if the person you sold them to complains post that as well.
Should we get Vin#'s? so we can tell Toyota? I wondering when I get mine replaced if I should ask to keep the spring, what good would that do?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,321 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
There was someone else that posted today about his brokem eibach spring on his TTUE. Im gunna check mine when i drive it again in a month and take it out of the garage.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
827 Posts
Wow.......get those springs replaced!

Driving with these broken coils is insane.......

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi! I just wanted to pass the word. I talked to Toyota Headquarters today and they want complaints about the springs. They will escalate it to their engineers. Please call and complain. 18006885912. Just a FYI.

·
4-Corners Moderator
4,895 Posts
Dang had no idea till now this was happening to folks, scary. Do ya'll with this issue live in rust prone areas?

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Dang had no idea till now this was happening to folks, scary. Do ya'll with this issue live in rust prone areas?
Not sure if rust prone states are the main reason, but it certainly affects the wear of components. Here in MN, the state dumps salt, sand and ice melt chemicals all winter. From November thru March/April.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
Yes Minnesota is known for its salt.. But, this does appear to be in the same place on both sides. I am thinking a mfg defect.
I went to the dealership this morning and they had no issue replacing them. (Said this is the first time seeing this) but as "OK, we'll order up some new ones for ya" as they were. I think they have seen it.

Hopefully, according to the parts guy, should have them by end of the week!! FINGERS CROSSED!!

1 - 20 of 70 Posts