Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I have been in the market for some 16" wheels and have done some research on this forum. The question of will this wheel fit comes up a lot and seeing as some others have tried and failed with similar threads I figured I would give it a go. So post up rims that you PERSONALLY have experience with fitting the FJ that are 16" and fit WITHOUT the use of spacers (another heavily debated topic). Also if the specs are known please add these in as it will help people when ordering these wheels.

I'll Start us out: Wheelers offroad 16" Wheels for the FJ

Black:

White:

Both of these wheels come in both type A and B:

Type A:
16x8
Backspacing- 4.5"

Type B:
16x8
Backspacing- 4"

These wheels do not require spacers.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
After spending much time researching this same topic I found the following specs to be the most accurate requirements for the 16" wheel to fit an FJ without the use of spacers.

16" x 8" wheel dimension

6 x 5.5" bolt pattern

4.5" or 4" backspacing

I have also been told & shown by a very reliable source (they build/fabricate custom FJ rigs) that a LandCruiser steel wheel with 3.5 back spacing is what they use all the time.

After being unable to get the wheel I wanted, I purchased the same wheels as posted above, I got the 'Type B' with 4" backspacing and am glad I did - gave me about 1 3/4" wider stance.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
I'm running 16" Pro Comp 4028s, backspacing 4.5", they clear with plenty of space between rim and caliper:

·
Registered
189 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Eagle alloys series 101B (Black) , Ran them fine on my 07' dont have pics at this time, but it is a sweet wheel for the fj. I will state that the caliper clearance was paper thin . 16 x 8 w 3.68 backspacing so they they do stick out a bit. Now I run TRD until i can buy a 101B for a spare and test caliper clearance.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Konig countersteer offroad 16x8......4.5BS with 0 offset no spacers needed. Running 295/75/16's Hankook RT03's...aftermarket uca's (with my tire choice these tires would probably make contact with the OEM uca). U will probably need your caster set on the high range.... 3.3 or so to keep from rubbing the body mounts with this tire size.

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Will this type of rim fit? I used to have these on my Rubicon and would like to add to my Black FJ. The ones I am looking at are 16X8, 4.25" BS and 6 on 5.5. I don't want any clearance or rubbing issues.

Looks like the procomp 98's. Here is the link to the wheels and specs below. Series 98

Rock Crawler Series 98 Gloss Black Monster Mod Wheel
16x8, 6 on 4.5 Bolt Pattern
Backspace = 4.25 in.
Max Load = 2000 lbs
Finish = Gloss Black Powder Coat
Center Caps sold separately.

The specs look good to me? They are between the wheelers 4"-4.5" backspacing for a 8" wheel. So, got me? Searching for a 2digit number on the forum sucks arse! Especially with pro comp or procomp. Ughhh!

Basically it the same thing as the wheelers offroad wheels. so, there you go. They have been proven to fit.

·
Registered
12 Posts
What makes them different?
The difference between most every steel wheel and the fj specific wheel is where they stamp the holes in the wheels that you can see through. Pretty much everyone out there puts a rounded edge on these holes that protrudes out the back of the wheel that will rub the front calipers of trucks with small diameter brakes and big calipers i.e. fjs

·
Vendor
2,533 Posts
The difference between most every steel wheel and the fj specific wheel is where they stamp the holes in the wheels that you can see through. Pretty much everyone out there puts a rounded edge on these holes that protrudes out the back of the wheel that will rub the front calipers of trucks with small diameter brakes and big calipers i.e. fjs
This :bigthumb:

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
That would be it.

1 - 20 of 134 Posts