81 - 100 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Does anybody run MT 28 steelies in 16x8"

Mickey Thompson Metal MT-28 Series Black Wheels 90000001722 - Free Shipping on Orders Over $99 at Summit Racing

I read this whole thread and couldn't find anything mentioned

Thanks!
Good find on the 16" steelies! I'm also on the hunt for some nice 16" steelies. I've read through most of this thread - mentioned pro comp and wheelers steelies, looked them up and fount no 16" steelies, just 15" and 17" :frown . I'll keep looking for other options and if you find some more please post them up, but otherwise great find!:grin

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/wheels-tires/149076-anyone-running-16-oem-steelies.html

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ha! I don't know if they fit. I'm too scared to buy them only to find out they don't. Specs look good tho. I hoped some1 on here was running them

I tried a different brand 16x7 with -20 offset and it rubbed

·
Registered
14 Posts
Need help got bitten by the MOD bug. Started buying tires 285/75/16, now looking for wheels to use. Will a 16x8 +10 BS fit my 2014 FJ 4wd?
Will it clear the UCA and caliper brakes. Thank you.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just an update. I purchased the MT 16" steelies and they DONT fit ? They rub badly on the callipers

Back to they drawing board

·
Registered
120 Posts
After searching and skimming this thread (and a few other threads) I did not see an answer.

Would Pro Comp Steel 16" 52 Series in 6x5.5 fit a stock FJ? Or would I need spacers? I've been searching everywhere for this and can't get a definitive answer.

Thanks.

Also, I believe these come with 4" back spacing. Is that going to put a stock 265/75/16 flush to my side fenders? I'm new to this whole tire game and it's a lot of info to absorb. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
9,700 Posts
After searching and skimming this thread (and a few other threads) I did not see an answer.

Would Pro Comp Steel 16" 52 Series in 6x5.5 fit a stock FJ? Or would I need spacers? I've been searching everywhere for this and can't get a definitive answer.

Thanks.

Also, I believe these come with 4" back spacing. Is that going to put a stock 265/75/16 flush to my side fenders? I'm new to this whole tire game and it's a lot of info to absorb. Any help would be appreciated.

The D Windows would hit the calipers since they are punched into the wheel if you try and fit those without spacers.
Spacers would be needed. Yes 4" would be flush-ish. But the spacers will stick them out more obviously. You'll need a BMC with 4"BS and spacers.

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
Confirmed, Mickey Thompson Classic Baja Lock 16x8 4.5 back spacing 0 offset fits and clear the caliper . Here they are with 315/75/16 Cooper STT PRO mounted on.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Need help got bitten by the MOD bug. Started buying tires 285/75/16, now looking for wheels to use. Will a 16x8 +10 BS fit my 2014 FJ 4wd?
Will it clear the UCA and caliper brakes. Thank you.
I'm looking into buying the same size tires as you, so I'm also interested in figuring out if the 16x8 wheels I'm looking at will fit, but you say +10 backspacing... I've never heard of such a thing, almost all tires fall in the 4"-5" range.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Didn't find anyone else on this thread, but they do have the right dimensions, so just going two ask if anyone has confirmed these two wheels:

ATX AX198 Chamber II

Size: 16x8
Offset: 00mm
Backspacing: 4.527"

ATX AX199 Mojave II

Size: 16x8
Offset: 0mm
Backspacing: 4.527"

·
Registered
56 Posts
Stupid simple question. 2012 16 inch TRD factory wheels off a Tacoma
Bolt pattern 6X139.7. Will these fit 2011 Fj w out spacers? I just want a set for my Mt or At tires.

81 - 100 of 134 Posts