Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

121 - 134 of 134 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,725 Posts
General question. Does going from OEM 17" to 16" have any negative effect on anything. I have always loved the black TRD wheels that came on the 12 TT. I imagine the speedometer would be off a tic. Comments?
Wheel size has Zero effect . Its the Tire size that will make things change .

·
Registered
120 Posts
I would need to take a wheel off and measure the gap from the end of the factory stud to the outer spacer surface. But a couple guys on the FJC FB group said it fits and they use 0.75" spacers. If it didn't fit, it would be easy enough to trim the studs with a grinder. Just put on some standard m12 open ended lugs, trim the stud above it and then back off the lug to straighten the thread ends. I'll be looking into 0.75"ers when it warms up a bit. My garage is packed so I'm parking outside (Minnesota).

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm looking at buying some Fuel boost D534 wheels but was wondering if anyone knows if they would fit? They're 16x8 with a 4.5" backspacing and 1mm offset.

·
Registered
9,700 Posts
Re: Post of all 16" Rims that Fit Without Spacers

The truck in this for sale ad says to be running them without spacers or the like, so maybe they do work just fine:
I assume the truck and seller are long gone, but at least the info is there!

https://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/vehicles-sale/670266-2007-built-fj-canadian-great-condition.html

·
Registered
8 Posts
Re: Post of all 16" Rims that Fit Without Spacers

The truck in this for sale ad says to be running them without spacers or the like, so maybe they do work just fine:
I assume the truck and seller are long gone, but at least the info is there!

https://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/vehicles-sale/670266-2007-built-fj-canadian-great-condition.html
I ended up going SCS F5s in 16x8 with -25mm offset. No caliper rub. Love em so far. No spacers needed due to the offset. Running 35s no prob.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guy's, new guy to the forum. Looking to trade in my Hummer H3 for an FJ in the next few week's. I looked into this thread trying to find out what all I will need to do with the FJ to accommodate the current wheel and tire setup I am running on my H3. I have a set of 16x8 XD machete wheels with 4.5 backspacing and 0 offset wrapped in 315/75-16 BFG KM3's. Anybody have any idea's on what size lift/brand and how much chopping I will need to make this combo happen ? Here's a couple pics
1114181038.jpg
1114181038.jpg
1114181159a.jpg
of my setup

·
Premium Member
1,725 Posts
Sorry guy's. Don't know why they posted twice..
The BFG tires run a little small so that helps . A 3 inch lift with UCA . try and get as close to 4 deg caster and a BMC . You may rub a little off road so just test and adjust

·
Registered
54 Posts
Ok so I have been in the market for some 16" wheels and have done some research on this forum. The question of will this wheel fit comes up a lot and seeing as some others have tried and failed with similar threads I figured I would give it a go. So post up rims that you PERSONALLY have experience with fitting the FJ that are 16" and fit WITHOUT the use of spacers (another heavily debated topic). Also if the specs are known please add these in as it will help people when ordering these wheels.

I'll Start us out: Wheelers offroad 16" Wheels for the FJ

Black:

White:

Both of these wheels come in both type A and B:

Type A:
16x8
Backspacing- 4.5"

Type B:
16x8
Backspacing- 4"

These wheels do not require spacers.
Here's what I run on my 07. Fits on problem. No spacers. With BFG KO2's. 3" Lift

Attachments

121 - 134 of 134 Posts