Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1981 - 2000 of 2007 Posts

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
@darkhorse13 very stealth and a clean looking rig! You may want to post tire size in case anyone is wondering. Also, for those of you that posted wheel and wheel sizes but omitted offset/backspace, shame on you.. Please post everything completely. It would help immensely instead of guessing (which is exactly what I did when I was searching for my ideal wheel).

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
873 Posts
@darkhorse13 very stealth and a clean looking rig! You may want to post tire size in case anyone is wondering. Also, for those of you that posted wheel and wheel sizes but omitted offset/backspace, shame on you.. Please post everything completely. It would help immensely instead of guessing (which is exactly what I did when I was searching for my ideal wheel).
Thanks, and updated :)

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
@jamesepoop ... Also, for those of you that posted wheel and wheel sizes but omitted offset/backspace, shame on you.. Please post everything completely. It would help immensely instead of guessing ...
... also Center Bore dimension (CB) for hub centric or lug centric wheel, manufacturers often don't provide center bore. A deal breaker for some as it can become a big deal with the right impact. Plastic spacers are not the same.

·
4-Corners Moderator
4,866 Posts
Never thought it was possible... but you CAN fit 15" wheels on an FJ Cruiser!

With enough offset/backspace and 2" wheels spacers as long as you clear the brakes then you can fit them, since the brakes are usually the limiting factor keeping FJs to only 16" wheels.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
Never thought it was possible... but you CAN fit 15" wheels on an FJ Cruiser!

With enough offset/backspace and 2" wheels spacers as long as you clear the brakes then you can fit them, since the brakes are usually the limiting factor keeping FJs to only 16" wheels.
I love the wide stance but can you turn those without rubbing? With the spacers and offset you've got to have an additional 4"+ of swing arc at the front hubs.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Pulled the trigger on a set of silver Method NV from Discount Tire.
17x8.5 zero offset, with 285/70/17 Wranglers.

Hemmed and hawed between black and silver, but I'm really really glad I went with silver. I wanted something beefy that looked like it came off a Baja race truck, and these fit the bill. If DTD had the bronze I might've tried those instead, just to be different.

Weigh 30lbs each, compared to 27 stock. The decreased offset has made the stance about perfect, but I did have to do the BMC.

Thanks to everyone who posted before me!
Here I am almost exactly one year later and I'm pretty disappointed. No scratches, scrapes or dings, but two of the five Method NV rims have started corroding under the clear coat. I have an email in to Discount Tire, but no response yet.

Wisconsin uses a lot of salt during the winter, so I specifically asked how these would hold up before I ordered them. Anyone else had an issue with corrosion? Not even a whole winter!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Some very sweet looking setups in here. Adding a few
Hoping you are still on here! Can you tell us more about the rim/tire combo? looks like stock suspension? Im in the market to upgrade mine but do not want to lift for them. These look perfect.

·
Registered
79 Posts
The new tires are BF Goodrich Mud Terrain KM3's 285/70/R17. Approximately 67 lbs. I thought I would try these out after watching a few reviews online. Got the pro comp series 7069 ($407.96 - set of four) from summitracing; approximately 24 pounds. 17x9, Bolt Pattern: 6 on 5.5, -6mm offset, 4.75 backspacking and 108mm center bore. This setup pushes the rims out slightly past the fender. No need for a spacer and just the look I wanted!!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Dunno if i like the color or not. Ordered longer studs. Need to finish blacking out the rear bumper too.

Tires: Nitto Ridge Grapplers 285/70/17 C range

Wheels: Method 701
31.5 5lbs
17x8.5"
ET 0 MM
4.75" BACKSPACING
6X139.7

Attachments

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Method MR308 Roost Matte Black
Size: 17x8.5
Offset/BS: 0/4.75
PCD: 6-5.5/139.7 and any popular size you can think of
Weight: 25lbs
Hub: 106mm
Centercaps: Yes, but not mounted
Tires: Mastercraft MXT 37x12.5-17
Tire weight: 70lbs

In the picture, the rears are spaced out 1.5" to match the front LT stance. So for most vehicles 17x8.5 +0 will fit in most OE fenders.

·
Premium Member
1,896 Posts
Method MR308 Roost Matte Black
Size: 17x8.5
Offset/BS: 0/4.75
PCD: 6-5.5/139.7 and any popular size you can think of
Weight: 25lbs
Hub: 106mm
Centercaps: Yes, but not mounted
Tires: Mastercraft MXT 37x12.5-17
Tire weight: 70lbs

In the picture, the rears are spaced out 1.5" to match the front LT stance. So for most vehicles 17x8.5 +0 will fit in most OE fenders.
Stop juicing your FJ with the roids :wink

·
Registered
2,764 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Goodyear 285/75/16 on TRD rims (2010 TT)
View attachment 51576
Hi, I love the look of your tires with the bushwackers. Did you add spacers and did that size tire fit on the back door? I'm trying to debate on what size tire I need to get with my bushwackers, but I don't know if 285/75/17 will cause too many issues if the 285/70/17 will allow me to loose the spacers and still look like they aren't swallowed up in the wheel well.

Thanks!

1981 - 2000 of 2007 Posts