Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently had an OME kit installed (885, 895, N140, N141) and am now wondering how many miles we've determined best prior to doing an alignment?

No noticeable difference in L or R pull; wandering; etc...but you can SEE the change in how the rubber meets the road.

I've avoided the highway as much as possible and have spent a few hours on rough roads to help with the seating.

Don't want to destroy my new sneakers - what is the generally accepted rule of thumb?

Thanx in advance...

Happy Trails...

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
I've always just gotten it aligned after having work done like that right away, the place i go has done it so well no need for realignment at any point:D

·
Banned
3,591 Posts
Make sure you're done adding stuff for awhile....i.e. bumpers/winch/etc....

Assuming you're done for a while.....2/300 miles on road OR 3 or 4 hours off road...and all should be settled......

And the alignment isn't easy...so go to a good shop!!!

·
Registered
831 Posts
i drove mine for 1000 miles but that was with old tires also. Couple hours off road will do the trick.

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
I always reccomend the lifetime allignment. It's unlimited. I'd wait a week or about 100 miles to settle the springs but if you get the lifetime then you can get it done now, next week, and any time you go wheelin and come out with a drift on the road home. well worth the 75 bucks more at firestone or wherever you go.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Has anyone found a need to realign/rebalance after every tyre rotation? I just rotated my BFG KM2's for the first time after 5k and I have steering wobble now. I'm also wondering if now would be a good time to upgrade the UCA's prior to the above work. Comments?

Chris

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
All springs will settle after they are first put on. Depending on the stiffness and length of the spring, about .25 to 1 inch. This is after a couple hundred miles or so. If you know where some speed humps are, i would suggest going over them a few times. This will help the front suspension cycle and settle faster.
After this, then go to an alignment shop. I would also suggest the unlimited if you are going to be making other mods. If you add a new bumper, a winch, or tires, you SHOULD get a new alignment after each of those mods.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts