Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Trail Snail
3,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These old pics bring back memories of the exciting day my FJC lost her virginity -- her first romp in the dirt!

Let's see yours too.

August 12, 2007
San Gabriel Canyon OHV Area (Azusa, SoCal)

She was 15 months old. Nothing too crazy for her first time. But, I remember my heart beating real fast as I pulled the short stick into 4WD and cautiously negotiated her on that bumpy rocky trail, traversing her first-ever creek crossing (trail-designated area), and then the off-camber hill climbs, the sand, the dirt ... she was in heaven!

You never forget the first time!

And, just being in the company of other FJCs -- the instant camaraderie -- was a thrill in itself!

·
4-Corners Moderator
4,850 Posts
Seems like a fun thread!

Here are pictures from my first off-road trip back in 2012 to a part of the historic San Juan Trail called "The Twist". It was this trip that changed EVERYTHING. The mod bug bit hard and even though I was already a member of the forums, it was this trip that made me become super active and engaged here looking up potential mods from tires to bumpers to anything FJ related!

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
This isn't the FJ's first time but it was my 16 year old son's first time driving it off road. Naches Trail in the Mt Baker - Snoqualmie National Forest. He got it stuck right there. Full compression on R/F and L/R with the other 2 barely making contact so they just spun and as you can see it was kinda a slick mess. I was able to get it out of it pretty easy but a great lesson for him on choosing his line.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,681 Posts

Gulches Off Road Park, South Carolina, circa 2011

Came down and smashed the 'bling plate' just before this trail lol. Still have the mark in my bumper and bent core support from it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts