Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Everything is in and if you've paid, they are going out TODAY! I expect everyone should have them by Friday or next Monday at the latest. I was hoping that everyone would have theirs earlier in the week but relying on shipments over the holiday weekend is always a crapshoot.

I've got pictures of everything as well which I will be posting up soon so everyone can see some good custom combos.

- Patrick

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Just got mine!

These things absolutely beautiful! Completely Flawless!

Will get some pics up later.
Glad you like them :D Can't wait to see them installed :D

And boy, the USPS got them there pretty dang quick!

- Patrick

·
Registered
8,128 Posts
Yeah i was surprised they were here already!

Got them on and i LOVE them. I know i have an automatic, so i don't use them like the manuals do, but, they are super comfortable, and easy to grip.

I planned on a picture, but my camera is officially toast, so i'll have to wait until tomorrow for the pic.

·
Registered
158 Posts
i got my transfer case knob too, only thing is i can not get it to thread on more then 5 full turns from where it starts threading. it works so i have no problem with it, but just wondering if that is normal? ie is it a tapered thread??

·
Premium Member
2,736 Posts
Got mine today. They look great!

Not installed yet. But here on some pics.

- white/black with red "R" and IMP
- TRD grey knob with matching IMP transfer and red IMP

Hum, which one to install. :lol:

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
i got my transfer case knob too, only thing is i can not get it to thread on more then 5 full turns from where it starts threading. it works so i have no problem with it, but just wondering if that is normal? ie is it a tapered thread??
Not sure. Are there still threads exposed? If it aligns properly I wouldn't worry about it too awful much. 5 full turns is a pretty good amount of thread for it to hold on to.

Got mine today. They look great!

Not installed yet. But here on some pics.

- white/black with red "R" and IMP
- TRD grey knob with matching IMP transfer and red IMP

Hum, which one to install. :lol:
I'm glad to see the gray matches the TRD Gray so well! At least we can fill that void they leave!

- Patrick

·
Registered
8,128 Posts
Another lil update on mine:

They rock. This is already after about 10 miles of use one of my favorite mods to date. I pretty much always use the shifter as a arm rest and it is super comfortable because i can actually grip it.

love it! :rocker:

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Red with Tan lettering:rocker:
Sorry for the camera phone pics
Wow, you got yours quick too! That color combo came out great with your truck's color scheme, honestly!

Another lil update on mine:

They rock. This is already after about 10 miles of use one of my favorite mods to date. I pretty much always use the shifter as a arm rest and it is super comfortable because i can actually grip it.

love it! :rocker:
Glad they're working out for you! Funny you mention using them as an arm rest, I just was driving my FJ around tonight and noticed that the shifter is pretty comfortable as an armrest :lol: :lol:

- Patrick

·
Premium Member
2,736 Posts
Finally got around to installing my TRD Quick Shifter and white IMP knobs. The shifter and knobs feel GREAT and the knobs look FANTASTIC. What a great combo! Recommended! :rocker:

I'll post a few pics in a couple of days. My camera battery needs a recharge. :lol:

·
Registered
624 Posts
How much for just a manual transfer case knob color matched to the TRD quickshifter knob? Can you put the TRD logo on the sides of the knob?

·
Premium Member
2,736 Posts
I'm sure Patrick COULD put the TRD logo on the side, however, it is protected by copyright, so legally he couldn't sell it.

How much for just a manual transfer case knob color matched to the TRD quickshifter knob? Can you put the TRD logo on the sides of the knob?

·
Registered
3 Posts
First post on the forum after joining and the first thank you of many to come considering all the mods on the wish list......
Patrick, just received the shift knobs in black for MT, and they are f a n t a s t i c! thanx a million

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Wow, they all look great, I now have a question. Do you still have some in stock?? also, how much do they weigh? I want to get the short shifter and everybody says it is better to use weighted knobs.

Thanks

41 - 58 of 58 Posts