Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have put Bilstein 5100's all around and ome895e rear springs. everything seems great however the FJ leans about 1/2to 3/4 inch to the left when measured top of the tire to fender well. Any thoughts????

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
I have personally never experienced the lean.

But let me comment on something. When I installed my OME lift before Christmas I measured the OME 894 spring heights and noticed that one was a 1/4" taller than the other. I doubt it was a manufacturing defect. So, I put the taller one on the driver side. I sit level from side to side. I even noticed that the stock springs were marked with factory paint to distinguish them apart.

So may I suggest swapping the struts side to side before you buy a spacer? (asuming the Bilsteins are set identical)

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
the lean is normal, how much it leans varies. The spacer doesnt do a damn thing IMO. I have adjustable Icon suspension on mine and I can lower the passenger side all the way down and crank up the drivers to the extremes and it still leans in the rear. the gas tank is on the drivers side so it is always going to be heavier.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts