Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Post up your pics of the little ball on the dash with the most incline.
Let's see who has gotten their FJ the most vertical or the most on it's side without rolling.
I don't have any. I don't take pictures when i am driving and my co pilot doesn't know how to take pictures, he is a puppy. (see avatar)
Plus there aren't any steep inclines at the mall where i drive :lol:

·
Registered
1,108 Posts

Here's mine. Not the greatest incline, but decent.

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here's mine. Not the greatest incline, but decent.
It's a good start.
I have seen mine past the 30 when i was going down hill one time. i was held in the seat by the seat belt. Not a "wanna grab the camera time". More like a "this is flipping sweet" time.

·
Registered
7,940 Posts
De Ja Vu all over again.

I slid until I hit a spot where I wasn't sliding. Then I snapped the shot. I went down that slope about a half dozen times today. The pucker factor was astronomical the second time... it was higher the first time.

I see you're from near Corpus Christi. Spent a bit of time there and in Falfurrias back in like '87. I was working for HALO-Flight at the time. Nice area, I may retire there shortly.

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
De Ja Vu all over again.

I slid until I hit a spot where I wasn't sliding. Then I snapped the shot. I went down that slope about a half dozen times today. The pucker factor was astronomical the second time... it was higher the first time.

I see you're from near Corpus Christi. Spent a bit of time there and in Falfurrias back in like '87. I was working for HALO-Flight at the time. Nice area, I may retire there shortly.
You do that and I'll show you where I hit 30 down bubble.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
What about this one-------------

<=======================||

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What about this one-------------

<=======================||
Is your avatar legit? How come the white line is near the 20 deg mark?

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
heres mine.
holy crap! 30 deg. to the right and almost 30 degrees facing forward. How/where/why did you find the time to get a camera. I'd be scared shi* less.
:)

·
Registered
378 Posts
holy crap! 30 deg. to the right and almost 30 degrees facing forward. How/where/why did you find the time to get a camera. I'd be scared shi* less.
:)
"how" my wife took the picture. "where" bill moore lake trail in colorado. "why" to get to the other side. what a rush that was. the left rear tire was off the ground.

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You guys must have really big
:wave:
Please tell me no one on here drives an FJ with those on the back. Those belong on the back of a ******* driving a F-250 with mud terrains on just the rear tires.:bigthumb:

So 30 horizontal and 30 vertical is the most so far i see. Good stuff.
How funny would it be if marked at the very top of the ball when you go past 30 and little phrase is on the ball that says "too far, your done son!"

·
Registered
831 Posts
thats a good idea, I don't have any pics but i haven't been past 20 i know that. I'm a wimp i know.:mecry::mecry:

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,062 Posts
I was playing on a rock pile in Illinois when Tim decided to see how scared I could/would get. Pegged the darned thing on the downhill, only 20 degrees on the side.

At least when he handed me the camera and nonchalantly said, "Take a picture of the clinometer. You can send that to your mom."

I weren't sceered. :worried:

Right! :scared:

Oh, and this was our very first event on the first year's Trail Teams tour.

M

Attachments

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
I've done better than this but the camera usually ends up sliding up under the dash.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts