Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 589 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched this section and I keep coming up short for this color.
I'm trying to decide on Black or iceberg white FJ.
Is the iceberg white the same color as the roof?

Post them if you got them.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
:rocker:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I actually registered to try and get this thread moving. I desperately want an iceberg white FJ. I know there are owners on here with them but they seem shy or something and don't post pics. I saw a scanned pic on here somewhere of the 2010 white TRD edition. It looks killer I just want it in 4x4. Any modded non TT white FJ's out there? I'm not hating on the TT but I'm most likely buying new.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The white must not be a popular color. I never see them on the road.

I would love to see a 2010 TRD edition iceberg white like you said. They only come in 2wd?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Pretty sure it's 4x2 only, and it just comes with some trd goodies. One of my local dealers had a 2010 white on the lot but they've got it covered with a bunch of cheap aftermarket stuff.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Almost bought a Iceberg instead of the Army Green.

Iceberg is a nice color, especially with a aftermarket roof rack and all the silver parts blacked out and a 3" lift kit! And a red Hi-lift jack hanging off the roof rack would look good also.

For me personally if I got a Iceberg, I would also black out the White Center Dash Board.

Sounds like you really want a Iceberg, so go for it!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yep I already decided to get a white fj. I still want to see pics though... I need inspiration on what to do to mine.

I know for sure I want to copy the 08 TT. I love the blacked out look with the white.

I have to wait untill late may to get my fj though.

·
Registered
304 Posts
just got mine last week. Ill be blacking it out starting today. Probably start with handles and mirrors. Not sure if I want to remove the bumper caps/wings or black them out. Ill probably black the rear ones, however.

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
I own a 2008 Trail Teams Special Edition that I purchased in February 2008

The "build your Toyota" web site at the time when I was searching for my FJ said the color was "Iceberg White".

Issue # 04 of the 2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser sales booklet refers to it as "all-white with black trim".

The sticker that was attached to the window when I picked it up states that the color is "warm white".

The retail sales invoice provided by the dealership lists the color as "warm white".

Therefore, while I would like to post a photo of my 2008 TTSE FJ Cruiser, I will decline since mine is not "Iceberg White".

The reason you do not see many of the 2008 TTSE FJ's on the road...is because "IT WAS A SPECIAL EDITION".
TTSE stands for Trail Teams Special Edition.
Toyota only made 3200 or so of them for 2008.
And each dealership was only allowed to order one or two based upon their prior years sales history.
(Toyota has around 1,445 stores in the USA. Therefore each region of the country near a Toyota dealership only had a couple of all-white TTSE for that region. That is why you don't see that many of them.)

Iceberg White is a standard color for 2010. But it comes without the blacked out trim from the factory (the 2010 trim is silver just like all of the others).
So you will probably start to see more all-white FJ's in your neck of the woods now that it is no longer a special edition for 2010.

The 2008 TTSE FJ Cruiser is a part-time 4x4 system.
The white is "monotone"...meaning that it is the same color white as the roof.

1 - 20 of 589 Posts