Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!

New in the FJ Cruiser world and allready my first questions, maybe you can help me with these questions?
  • How/and where do you pick your power from for exterieur lights on the roof and is there an nice way to lead the cables to the interior from the roof for the switch?
  • Which switches are the best fitting and looking best OEM for exterieur lights or other things? (you can find many on the chinese website)

Thank you so much for you help!
Cheers!

·
30,590 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Prewired, do you mean I can run power (to the lights on the roof) directly from the blank covers? Off course I need a switch to turn them on/off.
Mine is also a North American version.

·
30,590 Posts
What year do you have?

Pull the covers and see what you have. Search on here for blank switch covers, lots of threads on it.

There should also be a prewired harness that runs to the front bumper for OEM aux. lights.

·
30,590 Posts
Front only. An optional roof rack air dam with 2 lights were offered. And 2 front bumper lights.

White Light Product Bumper Font

The OEM roof harness is only good enough for the OEM Hella's. What do you want to run up there?

Anything else needs its own harness, relays, etc. and run through the Joker bolt or a Blue Sea marine connector. Some just run the wires down the "A" pillar into the cowl, firewall...

It's easy to Google/Bing FJ Cruiser roof rack lights and most times it'll bring you back here to a selection of threads.

Welcome & Good luck!

fj cruiser switch panel - Bing images

·
Premium Member
18,336 Posts
Font Gas Machine Plastic Electric blue

For reference when looking for a power source.

I ran my power for my light bar along the top of the fender under the plastic trim, under the cowl panel, under the A pillar trim panel.
Easy to do
Easy to hide the wire run
Nice and neat
No drilling required.

Easy to hide wire runs in the FJ, just need a little patience.

Reactions: Hannibal

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I wanna run a lightbar on the front of the Roofrack (Frontrunner) also two Frontrunner sidelights which I wanna switch separately from the lightbar up front.

So two switches for two accessoires.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
i fished my wires for the back lights through the roof rack tubes. to get power up there i removed the outer a pillar panel and ran the wires up then under the plastic strip that covers the roof seams. i didn't feel comfortable with any holes through the roof.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts