Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have picks of a power plant in a metal tec bumper.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, already have bumper. Really wanted power plant :boohoo: Looks like 9.5 xp for me:clap:

·
Premium Member
1,669 Posts
Maybe call them and see if they could bend you some custom tube? It never hurts to ask they are great guys.
I did probably a year ago, it doesn't fit and they said they would have to re-engineer everything (for liability purposes) and it wouldn't be cost-effective for them to do that unless someone wanted to pay for it.

·
Premium Member
4,294 Posts
I did probably a year ago, it doesn't fit and they said they would have to re-engineer everything (for liability purposes) and it wouldn't be cost-effective for them to do that unless someone wanted to pay for it.

Wow, had I known that it would fit in a FabFours, I might have gone the powerplant direction.

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
What I like about Sky's is how it is set farther back so maybe assist a little in the pendulum effect of having it out too far (not kill approach angle too). I don't mind cutting the grill but he had to trim the bumper too which is why I am dragging my feet on the F4. I have the PP already that I pulled off of the Rubicon and plan to use it but keep studying pictures of Tube Bumpers to see if I can do what Sky did but with a LCNW or similiar. Many say it won't fit but I wonder if they are saying that only because of the grill?

·
Premium Member
1,669 Posts
What I like about Sky's is how it is set farther back so maybe assist a little in the pendulum effect of having it out too far (not kill approach angle too). I don't mind cutting the grill but he had to trim the bumper too which is why I am dragging my feet on the F4. I have the PP already that I pulled off of the Rubicon and plan to use it but keep studying pictures of Tube Bumpers to see if I can do what Sky did but with a LCNW or similiar. Many say it won't fit but I wonder if they are saying that only because of the grill?
It's pretty easy to cut out, just two places to cut out. A friend with a plasma cutter did it in about 15 minutes. All the cuts were in the top plate, nothing in the "structure" of the bumper. I spoke with a few of the tube bumper manufacturers and universally was told it wouldn't fit, even though I told them I cut the grill out for the Fab Four. Their response was that pretty much every piece of a tube bumper is structure and if you cut away or move any piece it will compromise the bumper. They did not want to "wing it" by moving pieces because their bumpers were engineered and tested and they did not want the expense of reengineering or the liability of building a bumper not properly engineered.

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Thanks Sky. It looks like the tubes are clear on some of the tubes but I guess I will end up with F4 or Warn most likely.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts