Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 40 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
If I pick up a kit, I want to add a double switch like this one to allow me to select whether or not each running board is active. One for passenger and one for driver. Fits Toyota switch cutouts. Could put it in the center console (only have one open slot) or behind the turn signal beside the RSCA button.

I may not want it going up and down if I'm offroading, and my wife who is fairly short will get a lot more use out of it.
I figure the easiest method would be to use it to interrupt the door switch circuit.

https://customswitches.com.au/product/custom-double-switch-to-suit-toyota/

Attachments

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
If they're like the Tyrant steps I posted above, they would have to be removed.
Tyrant is one of the first places my search led me to. They don't sell or ship to the US. With exchange, duties, and shipping I was looking at a price coming up on 3k.

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Please count me in. I researched power boards two years ago, but gave up due to the prohibitive costs. I'm certainly interested. Thanks

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
- UPDATE -

Boards have been shipped. I found a local shop to do the install and wiring. This has been a long time coming!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi Effero; I am also handicapped and am interested in a set of your power steps. I will have to come from Pensacola to Austin to get them installed. Let me know when they come in 85oh five seven 2- twenty-one 8ty two. Thanks, OB

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
- UPDATE -

Boards have been shipped. I found a local shop to do the install and wiring. This has been a long time coming!
Hello. what is the supply/demand looking like? Do you have enough units for everyone asking for them? I just wanna know, so I can judge how many people's names go in the Bourne hitlist, before I'm up for one. :rofl::rofl:

Seriously though. super excited about this mod!

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Update. I was sent a sample and didn't like the blue led. It doesn't have an option to change color. Besides, the blue light with everyone having different color FJ's, it doesn't look good. The manufacturer has molded new steps without light and they look awesome! They are sending me 10 extra sets over what I originally ordered. If you are for sure wanting a set, please PM me.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks, Effro. Having H&H here in Pensacola is a great help. I see they sell three different brands?
I'm holding off on buying the power steps while waiting to see if I qualify for a wheelchair van through the VA. If I can't get it through them I may have to buy one outright, That will mean I have to sell my FJ. Shucks man I like it and want to keep it.
So wish me luck. I will get back to you.
OB

·
Registered
11 Posts
WHOOPS; That company, H & H will not install them because they don't sell them. They also do not carry any power steps for a 2013 FJ.
So we are back to square one.
Please tell me what company makes those your getting.

Thanks
OBOne

·
Registered
52 Posts
I am interested, do you have pics of final product and what’s the price tag shipped? Thx for the great work you been doing btw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
I am interested, do you have pics of final product and what’s the price tag shipped? Thx for the great work you been doing btw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have received multiple prices from shipping companies. Regardless of which carrier we ultimately go with, the price will be a little less than 1k. This is a total price to your door. As soon as they come in, I will post a video of the steps installed on my FJ for reference.

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
** UPDATE ** The steps were shipped on October 29th. As soon as I get the shipping details I will pass the info along.

21 - 40 of 82 Posts