Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

61 - 80 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
I purchased quite a few because of the demand. I held a few for FJ Forum members. As of right now, I have 7 sets remaining out of the 20 ordered.
Hey how many steps remaining? And what’s total cost with shipping to CA? The videos you posted look amazing, so I’m very interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Please PM me for details. I live in central Texas. Hopefully, the members who purchased steps will start posting pictures of their install.

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Hey how many steps remaining? And what’s total cost with shipping to CA? The videos you posted look amazing, so I’m very interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I assume CA refers to California and not Canada. $987 is the total cost delivered to your door anywhere in the continental United States.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Please PM me for details. I live in central Texas. Hopefully, the members who purchased steps will start posting pictures of their install.
I'm doing wheel bearings and brakes this week, steps will probably be next week.
I will probably be bed-lining the steps themselves to protect them.
The kit seems solid, mine came with 4 wireless door sensors (only need 2 for the FJ).

Opening one up, i should be able to use my disable switches by interrupting the yellow signal wire, it sees ~3.7v from the built-in battery when the magnet is removed from the reed switch.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Finally got my bearings/brakes done last night and played with the steps a bit, temporarily connecting the controller/motors. The motors are quiet and smooth. I did find one issue, my motors were wired backwards, as in they would extend when the door sensors were "closed" and retract when they were "open". I swapped the pins on the connector and now all is well. I'm not sure if there was another way to correct this but it seems to have taken care of it.

I disconnected the batteries in the rear door sensors as they are not needed, so there are two spares.:)

Here's a video of one motor cycling.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I also plan to check the controller draw to be sure there will be no battery drain before hard wiring everything. :)

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Finally got my bearings/brakes done last night and played with the steps a bit, temporarily connecting the controller/motors. The motors are quiet and smooth. I did find one issue, my motors were wired backwards, as in they would extend when the door sensors were "closed" and retract when they were "open". I swapped the pins on the connector and now all is well. I'm not sure if there was another way to correct this but it seems to have taken care of it.

I disconnected the batteries in the rear door sensors as they are not needed, so there are two spares.:)

Here's a video of one motor cycling.

The polarity was switched on mine.

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
Hello guys. Has anyone installed their set successfully? Any images or a full write up would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Mine are still sitting there in the shop freshly sprayed waiting on me to have the time....

One thing i may do is make new motor mount plates, assuming there is room, to tuck the motors and gearboxes up higher on the link mounts.

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
I recently went to a local Toyota dealership to pick up a few small parts I had ordered. There was no parking available around the parts department so I had to park near the front. I went in, picked up my parts, and walked back to my FJ. As I got closer, I saw 4 people standing next to my FJ and were pointing things out. One of them introduced herself as the Manager for the dealership and inquired about purchasing it. She said the FJ was the number one requested used Toyota vehicle in our region. I politely said no. The used car manager asked about the steps. Long story short, I gave them my contact info. They ended up purchasing 25 sets from me. Because of this, the manufacturer said we have purchased more than 50 sets and has extended a discount equivalent to a little more than 20% savings. This means I can ship a set to your door, in the lower 48, for $775 including shipping. I purchased an additional 10 sets and they are scheduled to be delivered next week. If you want a set, please contact me ASAP. I won't be doing this much longer as I simply don't have the time. My new fabrication shop is getting ready and starting a new business has literally consumed the majority of my time.

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
On the left side under the person's avatar you will see their name in blue. Click their name and then click "Message" in the pop-up. They are now available to ship and I have 7 remaining.

61 - 80 of 82 Posts