Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
What's the rating on the regulator of the "alternative"? Those thing are expensive and may be what sets the Powertank apart from others.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
It's a 150psi regulator, the only difference I see is the Power Tanks have those air gauges, but you really only need those if you're running air tool, if you're just using it to fill up tire, then the normal regulator should be fine. :bandit:

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Sometimes it's really hard to tell by looking at specs. The Powertanks are well known for not seizing up when used for a long time. I'm not saying the alternative is inferior, just pointing out that there may have been differences that results in a lower price. It's not so much how high the pressure will go to, but what's the flow rate.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
The Source Co2 tanks seem to be pretty good for an alternative to Power Tanks. I have had it for a few month already and seems to be working fine for what I use it for(filling tires). Those are the same ones that Demello sells.:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
The Source Co2 tanks seem to be pretty good for an alternative to Power Tanks. I have had it for a few month already and seems to be working fine for what I use it for(filling tires). Those are the same ones that Demello sells.:bigthumb:
This is what i have as well. About half the price of the power tank. I have used it many times to fillup my swampers. No freezing up on me.

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
I have a "The Source" tank. It will reliably fill 3 tires, after which it freezes and becomes a low output system for at least 3 hours. No I am not tipping it and getting liquid CO2 into the regulator.
Get a power tank. I wish I had.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts