Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a Powertank.

I'm having difficulty getting it filled in the (SOCAL) Corona/NE Orange County/West RIVCO area. I have gone to welding supply places who told me on the phone that they'd fill it only to be turned away because they "replace", they don't fill.

I tried a large paintball supply store near SC Village Paintball Field (71/91 Fwy) and they said it was too large to fill.

I have a lead on a place in Pomona but would rather not make the 40 mile round trip in the hopes of finding a fill there.

Suggestions?

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
I recently bought a Powertank.

I'm having difficulty getting it filled in the (SOCAL) Corona/NE Orange County/West RIVCO area. I have gone to welding supply places who told me on the phone that they'd fill it only to be turned away because they "replace", they don't fill.

I tried a large paintball supply store near SC Village Paintball Field (71/91 Fwy) and they said it was too large to fill.

I have a lead on a place in Pomona but would rather not make the 40 mile round trip in the hopes of finding a fill there.

Suggestions?
Try AirGas
They have a few locations around the area. Not for sure if they will do it, but it's worth a shot!

·
Premium Member
6,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Try AirGas
They have a few locations around the area. Not for sure if they will do it, but it's worth a shot!
AIRGAS will only do the fill in their Pomona shop -- that's the trip to Pomona I mentioned if all else fails.

I'll try the fire extinguisher route next (thanks for the suggestion).

·
965 Posts
Try finding a fountain / bar supply shop.

I have one I go to but it's in NorCal but it might be another avenue for you to look into.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Not exactly in NE OC, but here is a place in Costa Mesa that will take care of you. Went over there at lunchtime a few weeks ago and was in and out in about 5 minutes.

Seals Compressed Gases
2131 Placentia Ave
Costa Mesa, CA 92627
(949) 646-2435

About $12.00 for a 10 pound tank.

·
Premium Member
6,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Seals Compressed Gases
2131 Placentia Ave
Costa Mesa, CA 92627
(949) 646-2435
I went there! What a great bunch of people, great attitude and just as you said, in and out in under five minutes!

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
I went there! What a great bunch of people, great attitude and just as you said, in and out in under five minutes!

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
x2!

I just got back from this place and I gotta give a big thumbs up to these guys. :bigthumb: I was seriously in and out of this place in about 3 minutes, and they included a new washer for the regulator too.

·
Registered
469 Posts
There is a closer place called California Tool & Welding Supply. I went to air gas in Santa Ana where they fill cylnders and they refused to fill it there because they said it was aginst company policy to fill painted cylnders which is a bunch of cr*p. Went to the welding supply store and was in and out in a matter of minutes. Address is 1004 E. First St. Santa Ana CA 92701 phone # 714-836-7327 web site California Tool & Welding Supply it is right down the street from 4 wheel parts.

·
Registered
425 Posts
x2!

I just got back from this place and I gotta give a big thumbs up to these guys. :bigthumb: I was seriously in and out of this place in about 3 minutes, and they included a new washer for the regulator too.
X3! Good guys and they really want our business. Said that the pick up in CO2 business was helping to offset the drop off in NOS business

·
Registered
184 Posts
just bought a powertank at the pamona show. I live in simi valley ca anybody know of the closest place for me ?. Thanks
Cowboy4x4,

I've checked into this and there's no place in Simi that will fill while you wait. The one shop, Accu Air, only does exchanges at their Simi Valley business, however, they have a sister company in North Hollywood called Gordon Woods Industrial Welding Supply Inc. that will fill up you Powertank while you wait. Here's there info:

7254 Coldwater Canyon Ave
North Hollywood, CA 91605
818-759-6900

Accu Air's Ventura location will fill up while you wait as well but it is a bit farther out than NH.

Ryan

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Did you try a dive shop? Seems the same as a high pressure scuba tank.:)

·
Premium Member
6,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Did you try a dive shop? Seems the same as a high pressure scuba tank.:)
The valving and regulator is completely different. The Dive tank puts out LOW pressure air so that you can breathe it and the powertank regulator puts out HIGH pressure air to fill the tire. The valves and tanks aren't interchangable. You also need a dive air card (which I have) to fill a Scuba tank and anyone can get a CO2 fill if you can find a place that does it.

·
Premium Member
2007 Black FJC
2,201 Posts
Cowboy4x4,

I've checked into this and there's no place in Simi that will fill while you wait. The one shop, Accu Air, only does exchanges at their Simi Valley business, however, they have a sister company in North Hollywood called Gordon Woods Industrial Welding Supply Inc. that will fill up you Powertank while you wait. Here's there info:

7254 Coldwater Canyon Ave
North Hollywood, CA 91605
818-759-6900

Accu Air's Ventura location will fill up while you wait as well but it is a bit farther out than NH.

Ryan
Gordon Woods filled my CO2 tank a few months ago - very quick, easy - good place.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
The valving and regulator is completely different. The Dive tank puts out LOW pressure air so that you can breathe it and the powertank regulator puts out HIGH pressure air to fill the tire. The valves and tanks aren't interchangable. You also need a dive air card (which I have) to fill a Scuba tank and anyone can get a CO2 fill if you can find a place that does it.
10-4. It was just a thought. I used to be the SCBA(Scott air pack) guy at work. We had some high pressure(for us)tanks and the dive shops filled them for us. The other place was Vallen safety in Vernon. They may be able to guide you to a place.:)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts