Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 160 Posts

·
Vendor
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I just wanted to let everyone know I am now producing fully "bolt on" pre-pressed replacement front bearing/hub assemblies for Fj cruisers, Tacomas, and 4Runners. (man that's a mouthful)

Anyone who has had to replace a front wheel bearing knows how big a deal it is to get the old bearing pressed off the hub so the new one can be pressed back on. Our assemblies eliminate that issue. Our Bearing/hub Assemblies are completely bolt on, no press needed.

Come check us out at www.midstatesoffroad.com

Right now, we are focused on producing bearings but we will be adding some other products later on. We are only using the best vendors for our parts. Vendors such as Koyo, Dorman, Moog/National, Timken, and of course Toyota. Each assembly comes ready to bolt on with a new O-ring included. We have the spindle seals, as well and recommend replacing them when swapping out a bearing.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to drop me an email through the website or PM me on the forum and I will get back to you as fast as possible.

·
Premium Member
10,851 Posts
G'day Mate,
Congrats on becoming a vendor !!!!! and supplying a much needed assembled part !!!!
Good luck....
Cheers
Baz
:blueblob:

·
Registered
6,960 Posts
Hi guys, I just wanted to let everyone know I am now producing fully "bolt on" pre-pressed replacement front bearing/hub assemblies for Fj cruisers, Tacomas, and 4Runners. (man that's a mouthful)

Anyone who has had to replace a front wheel bearing knows how big a deal it is to get the old bearing pressed off the hub so the new one can be pressed back on. Our assemblies eliminate that issue. Our Bearing/hub Assemblies are completely bolt on, no press needed.

Right now, we are focused on producing bearings but we will be adding some other products later on. We are only using the best vendors for our parts. Vendors such as Koyo, Dorman, Moog/National, Timken, and of course Toyota. Each assembly comes ready to bolt on with a new O-ring included. We have the spindle seals, as well and recommend replacing them when swapping out a bearing.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to drop me an email through the website or PM me on the forum and I will get back to you as fast as possible.
My FJ is coming off the road next week while I am away for three months, but when I get back I need to tackle the wheel bearings and tie-rods.

If I send you my ARP studs can you fit those in rather than the OEM studs?

I'd trust my used ARP studs over new OEM studs (I've already lost one wheel thanks to the OEM studs).

The ones for the Lexus fit our FJ's with a quick part-off and chamfer on the lathe. Perhaps this is a service you could add to your business! I won't be around to offer the machined ARP studs anymore but I'd like to see someone offer them, and they go hand in hand with this!

Great job! Keep up the good work.

Cheers,

Joel

·
Vendor
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My FJ is coming off the road next week while I am away for three months, but when I get back I need to tackle the wheel bearings and tie-rods.

If I send you my ARP studs can you fit those in rather than the OEM studs?

I'd trust my used ARP studs over new OEM studs (I've already lost one wheel thanks to the OEM studs).

The ones for the Lexus fit our FJ's with a quick part-off and chamfer on the lathe. Perhaps this is a service you could add to your business! I won't be around to offer the machined ARP studs anymore but I'd like to see someone offer them, and they go hand in hand with this!

Great job! Keep up the good work.

Cheers,

Joel

Sure, I don't see why not. Swapping out studs is pretty straight forward. Plus it gives me a reason to make a new jig.

Shoot me a PM and we can discuss the machine work.

Thanks for the hand-off.

:cheers:

Zack

·
Registered
854 Posts
What's the life expectancy of our factory bearing units? I imagine if I ever needed a trail spare, I;d have bigger problems to boot. But I would like to be able to do my own so bookmarking for future reference!

·
Vendor
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What's the life expectancy of our factory bearing units? I imagine if I ever needed a trail spare, I;d have bigger problems to boot. But I would like to be able to do my own so bookmarking for future reference!
Life expectancy is hard to say. I'm sure driving habits are a HUGE contributor. Wheel spacers, mud/dirt/dust intrusion, hard wheeling, age/high miles, etc can lead to failure.

Swapping out a wheel bearing is pretty easy, actually. Looks kinda daunting, but not too bad.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Subscribed, I hope my wheel bearings can live a long time, still on the stocker ones with 76k miles and counting, but subscribing for future references :)

·
Premium Member
1,712 Posts
With my 35's, wheel spacers, camburg UCA's and 3" lift my wheel bearings need replacing every 30k. This is actually the easiest swap since you don't have to get your old ones pressed off and new ones on. I'm glad you did this Zack, I ended up waiting for mine for 2 months from the Alabama guy. Plus your only 4 hours away so shipping is the cost of a beer and a badlands trip.

·
Vendor
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
With my 35's, wheel spacers, camburg UCA's and 3" lift my wheel bearings need replacing every 30k. This is actually the easiest swap since you don't have to get your old ones pressed off and new ones on. I'm glad you did this Zack, I ended up waiting for mine for 2 months from the Alabama guy. Plus your only 4 hours away so shipping is the cost of a beer and a badlands trip.
You show up with the beer and we can swap them out in the shop.:rocker: I'm on my third set so far, myself. It's the price we pay to play…

On a side note, at the suggestion of FJoel, I contacted his brother about him machining ARP studs as an upgrade to the bearings/hub assemblies. I have to see what the costs are gonna be, but I'll let you guys know when I know.

·
Premium Member
1,712 Posts
Good idea. I put longer studs in mine. But since I have spacers. My longer wheel studs are already pressed into my spacers. But that is a great upgrade for those not wanting spacers.

·
Registered
854 Posts
my '97 Taco had Aisin manual hubs, I know it has been beat to death before but can't these FJ things be made to into manual hubs? Is there any future where they could be a replacement for our unit bearings? Seems like Unit bearings are parasitic as you cannot disengage to free wheel.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Okay, I have yet to swap out my front bearings, but its about that time and I wanted to clarify something. I've got gusseted spindles (bare) ready to install. I'd need the spindle seals and your bearings/hubs to bolt to those spindles, otherwise it's as simple as removing the old spindles and installing the new ones, correct?

I'll be replacing CVs, rotors, pads, brake lines, etc while in the process so if I can avoid the effort of taking anything to a press, I should be able to do everything in a single sitting by using your product. Thanks for that.

·
Vendor
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Okay, I have yet to swap out my front bearings, but its about that time and I wanted to clarify something. I've got gusseted spindles (bare) ready to install. I'd need the spindle seals and your bearings/hubs to bolt to those spindles, otherwise it's as simple as removing the old spindles and installing the new ones, correct?

I'll be replacing CVs, rotors, pads, brake lines, etc while in the process so if I can avoid the effort of taking anything to a press, I should be able to do everything in a single sitting by using your product. Thanks for that.
I think you are correct. The only difficulty you may encounter is the wheel speed sensors. They can get pretty comfortable in the spindle. I like to release the two lower mount bolts from the spindle to allow the spindle to swing out and clear the half shaft. Only the upper ball joint bolt remains to release the entire spindle.

Just remember to only do one side at a time and lock it in 4wd or else you won't be able to release the axle nut. (ask me how I know):lol:

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Just ordered a complete set! My bearings are still original on my 2007 with 66k miles and some hard wheeling and I'm sure need replacing. Should have done it last year when I gusseted my spindles, but oh well as others have said it's not a hard job. I'll probably also get some new CV axles, I'm sure those could use replacing as well.

·
Vendor
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just ordered a complete set! My bearings are still original on my 2007 with 66k miles and some hard wheeling and I'm sure need replacing. Should have done it last year when I gusseted my spindles, but oh well as others have said it's not a hard job. I'll probably also get some new CV axles, I'm sure those could use replacing as well.
Great! I'll get them shipped out tomorrow.:rocker:

1 - 20 of 160 Posts