Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought my 2007 FJ and am in love with it. I had my switch panel off { the one under the radio} and noticed where I had a blank plug on the top left corner there was a wired plug clipped in the back . Is this FJ prewired for roof lights ??? I just added the short harness for the front fog lights but noticed this wired plug when I had it apart. Any Ideas???

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Yes, and no. Much of the wiring is there. You will need a switch, relay and fuse. Also two wire harnesses that go from the A pillar up through the roof and to the lights. Or what I did was just run my own wires from the pillar up to the lights that I installed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks so much for your quick response. Do you know if that wiring is sent through the engine compartment fuse and relay box ? if not I will wire a relay and fuse myself . Thanks again

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
The stuff under The hood is there. The switch and wiring controls a relay in the box behind the battery so is the way to go.

The connector in the pillar can be used to connect the + wire going up. It will take a small spade connector, female. It is the smaller size like 1/8" often used for speakers. Available at any auto parts joint. I think I got a 50 pack from Amazon for about the same price. I insulated it with heat shrink as the contacts are way close together, a ground is right next to the positive contact or pin. I just used a bolt that was nearby for the ground.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts