Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I finally did in my Predator step bars over the weekend with the Gotham City Land Cruisers run in the Catskills(NY) over the weekend. With the aid of one of my new club members I managed to bend them right up to the drivers side door. Unfortunately it was not a good place to take a pic and I needed to bend them back down to get the drivers door open. So anyone wheeling with them take notice.
1) These are for easy entrance and exit from the vehicle for those who are height challenged.
2) They will actually do more damage than good wheeling.
3) They bend back with the same ease they bent up with.(My 235lbs stomping them back down into position)
4) I knew this was going to happen but my Fiance's aunt bought them for us so I had to make sure it was accidentally on purpose!
5) I didn't think it would have taken a year and a half to kill them
6) ALLPRO had a Memorial day sale and I got new sliders-Yippee!

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
thanks slither you just confirmed what i thought, i was on the fence about getting them cause i was getting a good deal, but i started a thread last week about them asking what forum members thought and they all said the same as you, thanks brother

·
Premium Member
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what did ya do w the preditors?
They're still on my rig ,one side is good the other side (drivers side) isn't that bad , I'll have to post a pic. Why you want them. Make me a an offer I can't refuse after I post a Pic. My new AP sliders should be in the mail in the next couple of days. I'm thinking $75 plus shipping but I'll have to do a closer inspection, The price might go down. I think they're salvageable.

·
Premium Member
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Came home today and there were my new AllPro sliders waiting for me. Now what to finish them with? LineX, Paint, Powdercoat.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Yep, Great thread, Had mine on a week and the right side was three inches to close to the ground. If anyone with a mall cruiser needs the left side I will let it go cheap!! VOO :)

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Came home today and there were my new AllPro sliders waiting for me. Now what to finish them with? LineX, Paint, Powdercoat.

i put raw metal primer on mine and then covered with 3 cans of Rustoleum HAMMERED finish in black....makes it very easy to touch up the scrapes and scratches....even if they have started to oxidize already from wet weekend.

powdercoat and line-x are good....but once you crack or scrape a big hunk off.....to get it re applied will leave it TOO THICK in good areas and then in others.

Save your money and put two cans of primer on them.....let dry. then a can of hammered finish on each....then the 3rd can use between the two for full coverage and no thin spots.

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
"height challenged"??? I think the PC term is "vertically challenged" :)

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
"height challenged"??? I think the PC term is "vertically challenged" :)

nope..."vertically challenged" is PC for "ED", which is PC for "limp richard"

:lol:

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I vote for gravel guard on them easy to touch up make sure they are cleaned well.
Can I have the old ones to make fence post. lol
We have guys take them off when we go on trails.
Cant wait to see the rig at the end of the month.
Take care
Might make a nice support for climbing plants as well. ;)

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
when i bought the Fj i knew i had to get rock rails first mod i did.i love them

1 - 14 of 14 Posts