Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The OEM Audio Plus FJ Cruiser Sound Solution

We are proud to introduce the OEM Audio Plus complete audio experience for the FJ Cruiser discerning drivers. O+ currently offers one sound solution for the FJ vehicles: The Reference Series. We not only guarantee the quality and reliability of every OEM Audio Plus sound system, we are confident you will not find a better sound experience for the price.

Quick Links:
Product Page on O+ Store
($100 Off for FJC Forum members!! / Coupon code: "fjc")

Install Video
O+ on Instagram
O+ on Facebook

The Promise of OEM Audio Plus:

Each O+ System is designed from the ground up to deliver high fidelity sound reproduction without compromising your vehicle (i.e. space, functionality, integrity or warranty).

What do we mean by “high fidelity sound?” We believe in sound reproduction accurate to the recording artist’s intent. Experience your music to fullest without any frequencies (High, Mids or Lows) misrepresented. Each system is tuned specifically based on the acoustics of the vehicle, radio output and performance of our components.

All O+ solutions adhere to the philosophy of minimalism. Our engineers design solutions that are Ideal, Simple and Tailored for each vehicle. These convictions result in Plug and Play, Drop-In and Ease of Install components (No cutting, splicing, soldering). The moment you plug in your O+ system you will experience our signature sound results (No tinkering necessary).

Features / Specifications:
- FJ specific design and tuning
- D.I.Y. Plug and play installation – Reference 400CF

SIGNATURE TUNING
- Tuned exclusively for the vehicle acoustics of the FJ Cruiser
- Vehicle undergoes extensive acoustic measuring
- Every component (both stock and O+) is measured to determine the influence of the interior acoustics of the vehicle.
- Objective adjustments only go so far the final O+ sound is only achieved through extensive listening sessions amongst our sound engineers and O+ peers.
- Experience full dynamic sound reproduction from the front woofers (factory or O+) without the rattle commonly associated with the factory system.

AMPLIFICATION (2)

8 Channel 32-Bit DSP Power Amplifier
- 360 Watts RMS (Continuous / @ 2-ohms)
- Cirrus-Logic 32-Bit Digital Signal Processing
- Real-time system diagnosis for trouble-free operation
- Meets all OEM standards including AEC-Q100

Dedicated Subwoofer Amplifier
- 180 Watts RMS (Continuous / @ 1-ohms)
- Low Voltage / Short Circuit Protection

- OEM grade: reliable performance & operation for the life of your vehicle.
- Programed O+ Signature Sound (Experience unmatched audio the moment you plug it in)
- Clean, unadulterated, undistorted power.
- Mounts using existing hardware locations just above the driver side kick panel.

1” FRONT TWEETER
- Designed specific to FJ for both accurate fitment and superior acoustic reproduction. Housed in one-piece precision milled aluminum baffle plate.
- Dramatically enhances music’s clarity and detail
- OEM Grade Drop-In speaker replacement (Toyota Spec factory connector).

- Silk soft dome
- 4-ohms
- 50W RMS (100 Peak)
- Sensitivity 91.8 dB (1 W,1M)
- Frequency Response: 3,000-20,000 Hz
- Built-in 6db/Oct. High Pass Filter
- Neodymium Magnet Structure

6 X 9” FRONT WOOFERS
- Engineered specific for the FJ both accurate fitment and superior acoustic reproduction
- Designed to compliment our 1” Soft Dome Tweeter, The O+ 6 X 9” Woofer provides ever-present bass without impeding vocals.
- OEM Grade Drop-In speaker replacement (same mounting, same connector)
- Carbon Fiber cone material for optimal performance.
- CF is the ideal speaker cone material able to reproduce complex musical passages with a wide dynamic range without inducing distortion even at extreme volume levels.
- 2-ohms
- 50W RMS (100 Peak)
- Sensitivity 90.2 dB (1 W,1M)
- Frequency Response: 50-12,000 Hz

QUICK-SYNC WIRING HARNESS
- Connects seamlessly to factory harness and radio
- Constructed of genuine OEM connectors (sourced from Tyco, Sumitomo and Yazaki) to ensure perfect connection and maintain 100% signal integrity every time.
- OEM Fuse Holder Assembly featuring element proof butt-connectors and built-in solder
- Weighs under 4lbs / 1.8kg

SUBWOOFER SYSTEM
- 8" Dual Voice-Coil Woofer (1.2 + 1.2 ohms impedance)
- Genuine Carbon Fiber Cone Woofer
- RMS (200 Peak)
- Sensitivity 88.9dB (1 W,1M)
- Frequency Response: 20 -1000 Hz

- UniSub 14 Liter Sealed Fiberglass Enclosure
- Tailored minimalist design: All your vehicle's space, all your music's bass
- Weighing in at 11.3lbs / 5.10kg
- Mounts utilizing existing hardware locations (no drilling necessary)

Standard Enclosure Finish (w/ O+ Trail Team Logo)

Factory Color Match Enclosure option (+$200 / 14 Day Lead-time)

Compatibility:
• 2007-2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser

Price:
Reference 400CF Retail/MSRP: $1399 (+tax to California Residents)
$100 Off for FJC Forum members!!!
(Link to Product page with discount applied)

Where to buy:
- Direct through O+.com
- 6 Month Financing available through PayPal Bill Me Later (More Details)

Installation
FJ Cruiser | Reference 400CF Step by Step Install

Warranty:
3 year / 36,000 Miles from the date of receipt (operational failure). All components are subject to co-exchange. We stand by the quality and functionality of all O+ systems.

Shipment:
All FJ Cruiser Reference 400CF solutions are made-to-order. Systems typically ship within 7-14 days after order is placed. Reference Series prices include standard ground freight in the continental US ONLY. Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico and any International order will have additional freight charges. Shipping quote available via: [email protected]

The Uniqueness of OEM Audio Plus

We are sensitive to the way your car is designed. The Reference 400CF solution is a true OEM-Grade solutions that delivers premium audio the moment you plug it in and leaves your car functioning the way it should off the lot.

We don't sell "parts" -- We provide a turn-key sound experience. We only design and offer products that guarantee premium quality, ease of installation and enjoyment ----- We built this product for you!

This is not aftermarket. This is beyond aftermarket. This is OEM Audio Plus.

We welcome and encourage all questions, comments and requests!! However we can provide the best experience - Send us a PM, Email [email protected] or Call us 855-636-6346

·
Registered
56 Posts
Re: Premium FJ Audio | Reference 400CF: DSP Amp + Subwoofer + Speakers + Plug & Play

I've heard this system in person and it sounds real good. I was on the fence about getting this system since they are somewhat local to me but the price is what has me on hold. If you have the cash I would definitely recommend it sounds great with the stock stereo.

·
Banned
178 Posts
Re: Premium FJ Audio | Reference 400CF: DSP Amp + Subwoofer + Speakers + Plug & Play

One day I want to upgrade my head unit to an aftermarket Android Auto unit. Will this work with aftermarket head units?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Thanks for your feedback @rhino420! We value your experience and hope to perfect your audio in the near future.
@MitchMel, Absolutely! Each O+ solution is tuned specifically for the acoustics of your vehicle and output characteristics of your head-unit. Were you considering a specific Android unit? (CA-FI is great from our research time with this unit).

·
Registered
56 Posts

Thanks for your feedback @rhino420! We value your experience and hope to perfect your audio in the near future.
You can perfect my sound by pming me a killer deal on a set up ha-ha.. it will make my experience a lot better ha-ha You can even sticker up my rig free advertising at all the local meet ups in So Cal. 4wd events Just say'n

·
Registered
2,926 Posts

Great to see y'all venture into the FJ market. I also have a BRZ and have considered your system for that car, and from everything I've read on the BRZ/FR-S forums FJ owners should be very happy to have this option available to them.

Reactions: oemaudioplus

·
Registered
56 Posts

You can perfect my sound by pming me a killer deal on a set up ha-ha.. it will make my experience a lot better ha-ha You can even sticker up my rig free advertising at all the local meet ups in So Cal. 4wd events Just say'n
Got the "like" now waiting for the pm got my cc out and waiting...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Banned
9,090 Posts

This looks like a really well put together kit. I'm curious though. Can any of this work (by work I mean be retuned) without the sub woofer and anything specific to its needs? I may be interested but wouldn't want to loose the side packing space that the sub takes up

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

@lqdchkn thanks for your interest and feedback. Allow us to discuss your inquiry with our acoustic engineering team and see what option(s) we can come up with for your needs. We should have some sort of update for you by tomorrow (8/20)

·
Registered
295 Posts

I really like the looks of this system but I have a few questions:

1. I have a 2013 6MT FJ cruiser (manual transmission). I notice that the installation video is on a 5AT FJ cruiser. Is there room for the amplifier modules beside the clutch pedal on a 6MT?

2. Is the use of the roof exciter speakers retained? I actually like the bit of sound fill that these provide.

3. It appears in the video that the amplifier module doesn't interfere with the trailer light decoder module under the dash. Is that correct?

4. Does the amplifier module block access to the ODB-II connector?

Thank you.

·
Banned
9,090 Posts

^^^^^ You can see in the pic that the answer to 4. is no. The OBD connector is to the left of the TPMS set button far in front (toward the driver) of the modules int he pic

·
Registered
4 Posts

I have this (basically) exact same system in my Scion tC (400CF) and it's simply amazing. I cannot recommend it enough. It's like listening to music on great headphones for the first time. Definitely money well spent if you're even remotely a music fan.

The customer service OEM Audio Plus provides is absolutely tremendous too. Second to none. I've reached out to them with questions on several occasions both before and after I purchased the system and I have always received quick and thorough responses.

This is on the short list for the TTUE, especially after seeing how great it looks in the color matched sub!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Can any of this work without the sub woofer? I may be interested but wouldn't want to loose the side packing space that the sub takes up
@lqdchkn excuse the delayed response (we owed you a reply yesterday). The Reference 400CF being a complete close-loop system, we are unable to offer without the subwoofer. Primarily because the removal of this component would dramatically effect our Signature sound reproduction and your overall listening experience.

One thing to note: The subwoofer system is ambidextrous - so if desired it can easily mount on the drivers side of the vehicle.

I really like the looks of this system but I have a few questions:

1. I have a 2013 6MT FJ cruiser (manual transmission). I notice that the installation video is on a 5AT FJ cruiser. Is there room for the amplifier modules beside the clutch pedal on a 6MT?

2. Is the use of the roof exciter speakers retained? I actually like the bit of sound fill that these provide.

3. It appears in the video that the amplifier module doesn't interfere with the trailer light decoder module under the dash. Is that correct?

4. Does the amplifier module block access to the ODB-II connector?
@FJ-6MT, Thanks for your interest and questions!

1. Room to spare indeed

2. The kit actually bypasses the head liner speakers. We found in our tuning these speakers distract more then they add to the audio experience.

3. Correct. Great question!! As you'll note in the video. We actually utilize the same 10mm bolt that the Hitch Kit (trailer light decoder) uses, for mounting the amplifier assembly. This is how we design all of our components; taking into account your vehicles design and building Solutions that fit perfectly (rather then modifying your vehicle to "fit" our systems)

4. @lqdchkn is correct, OBD connector is accessible with amplifier in place.

Keep the questions coming!!

·
Banned
9,090 Posts

The Reference 400CF being a complete close-loop system, we are unable to offer without the subwoofer. Primarily because the removal of this component would dramatically effect our Signature sound reproduction and your overall listening experience.

One thing to note: The subwoofer system is ambidextrous - so if desired it can easily mount on the drivers side of the vehicle.
Yeah I kinda figured that. Any possibility in designing a similar kit without the sub? I'm not an audiofile but I do think there is room for improvement over stock. I really like your "OEM like" fit and finish but dont feel I need the expense of a separate sub not to mention that retaining that cargo space is desirable.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

@lqdchkn, nothing is impossible. There is no plan currently to develop a solution without our subwoofer system - But if we do: We'll be sure to update the forums and you as well.

·
Premium Member
713 Posts

Awesome stuff guys! I would be very interested...but I've been collecting components over time for my build and am currently sitting on a near complete system.

I have 2 sets of Infinity Reference 6.5 2 ways. 1 Sony xPlod 800W 4/3/2 amp and a nice Polk Audio 10 inch Sub (its a marine sub but that works well for an FJ I think lol).

I'm only a head unit, 1 channel amp and 3.5 inch Reference speakers away. Oh and building a sub box.

Now a compelling trade in could definitely sway me.... ;-)

·
Registered
295 Posts

Keep the questions coming!!
Ok, a couple more before ordering:
1. Are there any issues with shipping to Canada?
2. The website has a rear pillar speaker option. What is included for this? Do they use the existing wiring, even on the newer FJ's like my 2013? Do I need to order the rear speaker grills from Toyota from the model that had them?
3. After installation, does the fader control set the subwoofer level?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts