Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Re: Premium FJ Audio | Reference 400CF: DSP Amp + Subwoofer + Speakers + Plug & Play

I'm thinking this system is geared towards the stock FJ stereo system. What are the options, config, pricing for replacing the JBL 11 speaker system and would I see a drastic improvement?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Re: Premium FJ Audio | Reference 400CF: DSP Amp + Subwoofer + Speakers + Plug & Play

Are there any issues with shipping to Canada?
Nope. We ship to Canada regularly. Please PM us your Postal code and we'll generate a quote for you.

The website has a rear pillar speaker option. What is included for this? Do they use the existing wiring, even on the newer FJ's like my 2013? Do I need to order the rear speaker grills from Toyota from the model that had them?
All inclusive; Speaker Grills included in our pricing (we provide this as a pass-through service straight from Toyota Parts Department). Factory wiring is already all in place.

After installation, does the fader control set the subwoofer level?
The OEM Audio Plus solution utilizes your radios high level output. The result is our signature sound reproduction at your radios flat setting ("0" Bass / "0" Treble). From this position you can adjust your Reference 400CFs Lows and Highs within your radio settings. For an example: Adjusting the bass "+" will result in more low frequency response from both your Subwoofer and 6X9s.

·
Registered
935 Posts

I'm local and would be interested in hearing this system in person!

Do you have this set up installed in a FJ locally?

Thanks!

-B

·
Registered
145 Posts

Is there any possible way to buy the sub and amp set up for those of us who already built the rest of our system!?! :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·

I'm local and would be interested in hearing this system in person! Do you have this set up installed in a FJ locally?
Arrangement shall be made... We do not have a shop FJ. However there are a few FJs in SoCal equipped with the Reference 400CF (might be time for us to host an event). Let us do some leg work on our end and make it happen :)

I'm thinking this system is geared towards the stock FJ stereo system. What are the options, config, pricing for replacing the JBL 11 speaker system and would I see a drastic improvement?
Because of the close-loop nature of the JBL set up we have yet to confirm compatibility with our sound solution: It is do-able, but a lot of work due to the difference in wiring, speakers and so-forth.

With enough interest (and access to a JBL vehicle for the appropriate R&D time) - We could offer a solution for the JBL FJs... Yea, we'd guarantee a dramatic improvement. Utilizing the JBL drivers in your vehicle would warrant a new range of dynamics.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts

All inclusive; Speaker Grills included in our pricing (we provide this as a pass-through service straight from Toyota Parts Department). Factory wiring is already all in place.
It is my understanding that when the JBL system became the upgraded system (instead of the FJammer) the rear speaker wires were no longer installed for those vehicles without factory rear speakers. The factory subwoofer wiring was also removed (not sure if y'all use this) for the base system. I believe this happened in the 2011-2012 timeframe but I'm not 100% sure. If y'all have installed on a newer FJ that included the rear speaker wires and no factory rear speakers then I stand corrected.

Is this kit compatible with the FJammer radio? I know the base vs. FJammer differences were much less than the base vs. JBL differences in later years. Or is this system only compatible with the base (black) radio for all model years?

I know for some other cars you offer tuned solutions for aftermarket radios, especially the Pioneers. Is this an option on the FJ, or one that is planned? Or will the DSP only be setup for stock Toyota radios in the FJ?

Oh and your website only allows for model year selections of 2008-2014. The first model year was 2007 and had the same stereo options as the 2008 :cheers:

·
Registered
414 Posts

One more little question before I buy in. The two yellow power wires to the battery: How much is the quiescent current in these lines (with radio and vehicle off)?

Thanks.

Update: I measured it on my own install now. With the vehicle off, the 30A circuit draws a bit under 100uA (microamps). The 20A circuit draws about 0.1uA. This is pretty negligible.

·
Premium Member
734 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts

It is my understanding that when the JBL system became the upgraded system (instead of the FJammer) the rear speaker wires were no longer installed for those vehicles without factory rear speakers. The factory subwoofer wiring was also removed (not sure if y'all use this) for the base system. I believe this happened in the 2011-2012 timeframe but I'm not 100% sure. If y'all have installed on a newer FJ that included the rear speaker wires and no factory rear speakers then I stand corrected.
On my 2013 FJ with the base stereo, the rear speaker wires were present but do not connect to the head unit. The wires go as far as a junction connector in the driver's side kick panel. The OEM Audio Plus system has an extra cable that runs to the other side of the connector to power the rear speakers. In the installation video, it is the "Rear Speaker Bypass cable" if you want to see where it goes. The subwoofer wiring for the system is added under the right side door sill to the back.

I am also very pleased with my OEM Audio Plus system.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts