Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We are pleased to announce the FJ Side rack is almost ready to ship.

The combo will include (1) M-PAC Side Rack with Billet mounts, (1) Large MOLLE utility pouch and (1) Pair of regular quickfists with mounts.

Price $160.00 plus $16.50 shipping (continental USA)

Go to www.springtailmarketplace.com to order, I anticipate that combos will ship before May 15th.

Updated:photos of the production units.

Dog not included

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
Could you explain this rack a little better and maybe post up some lighter/brighter pictures for these old eyes.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I should have the production units this week and can post some better pics. The prototype is getting pretty beat up after fitting and testing:)

Doc

·
Registered
274 Posts
Nice! I've been waiting for this.

toby

·
Premium Member
2,504 Posts
Doc,
Thanks for the new pictures.

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
PM sent Doc!

Jen

·
Registered
184 Posts
We are pleased to announce the FJ Side rack is almost ready to ship.

The combo will include (1) M-PAC Side Rack with Billet mounts, (1) Large MOLLE utility pouch and (1) Pair of regular quickfists with mounts.

Price $160.00 plus $16.50 shipping (continental USA)

Go to www.springtailmarketplace.com to order, I anticipate that combos will ship before May 15th.

Updated:photos of the production units.

Dog not included

How about the shock collar? I could always use another one.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That is a 10 pound tank, the 15 pound tank will not physically fit because it is too tall.
Some members have asked whether this is a safe way to carry CO2. Our opinion is that the only truely safe way to carry CO2 is on the outside of the vehicle and that any heavy item in your passenger compartment can become a potential missle in an accident. We mounted the CO2 tank to prove it could be done and that the side rack could handle the weight.

Please use your own best judgement when outfitting your rig.:)

Doc

·
Premium Member
6,082 Posts

How much for the dog?

Neat dog.

Anyway, for those of you who aren't acquainted with Doc's products, they're VERY rugged, very useful and he puts a lot of thought into them.

Doc, I'm still working with that other application for your racks and spoke with SHADOW-WARRIOR yesterday about setting up some sort of fabrication. As soon as it gets to the prototype phase, I'll let you know. Getting things fabricated has been more involved than I would have thought.

·
Premium Member
2,504 Posts
Received my shipping confirmation the other day, the rack should be here on the 12th.

Thanks Doc!

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
How much for the dog?

Neat dog.

Anyway, for those of you who aren't acquainted with Doc's products, they're VERY rugged, very useful and he puts a lot of thought into them.

Doc, I'm still working with that other application for your racks and spoke with SHADOW-WARRIOR yesterday about setting up some sort of fabrication. As soon as it gets to the prototype phase, I'll let you know. Getting things fabricated has been more involved than I would have thought.
That's Logan, I would'nt trade him for the world. He is the only dog I have that can truely appreciate frisbees. We got him through a GSD rescue, a victim of poor breeding...he has all the features that GSD lovers hate, high bulky hips and pigmented eyes. I have had show-winning shepherds before and I will take this dog over any of them....he's a hoot:bigthumb:

Fabrication can be a B!^@%, we have it a lot easier here because the fabricators love doing stuff that's off the beaten path, it gets boring knocking out tractor parts all day long. Let me know if I can help in any way.

Doc

·
Registered
310 Posts
Got my MPAC stuff today. Wow! Just Wow! Great looking stuff, very well made. One of the nicest looking mods for the FJ. The rack itself is amazingly lightweight. The bags all look very well made and durable as well. Can't wait to get home and mount these things in the truck.

If you are on the fence about getting either the side rack or rear rack, get them.

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
Hey Doc,

Got the M-Pac side system installed and wow, it's a beaut!!
I really love the beautifully machined aluminum mounts and
it was even easy to install. Truly a quality modification!!

Can't wait to see what you cook up next!

Thanks,
Jen

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
I should have known! Nice mounts Fjoel!!
Great system Doc!!

Thanks to you both!!!
Jen

·
Registered
163 Posts
Why are these SO EXPENSIVE? The website says they have a special deal for forum members ... only $420 for the side rack and rear rack! Hmmm. Deal?

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Why are these SO EXPENSIVE? The website says they have a special deal for forum members ... only $420 for the side rack and rear rack! Hmmm. Deal?
Sand Rat,

The Forum special is a 20% savings over the retail website...Hmmm, I wonder if you sent the same commentary to ARB, WARN, Donahoe, and the others on your mods list? Don't forget UPS too, they are pretty expensive:boohoo:

To answer your question in short...because it is expensive to MAKE our product. There is a great deal of labor, and investment (both time and money) to make/distribute a product. For a person who obviously has decent taste in mods...and has obviously spent a lot of money on mods, I am suprised to see that our product stands out in your eyes as "EXPENSIVE".

How about I show you some positive commentary from our past and repeat customers that see M-PAC as a worthwhile investment.:clap:

I installed my MPac this afternoon and for a silly girl, it was not that bad. My hubby spent 6 months embedded with the Marines in Fallujah in 06/07 and he said that the quality of the bags is like the custom stuff they get over there. Thanks Doc!

Just got the M-PAC installed. Looks great. Nice quality and very functional. Thanks

I love my MPAC rack!

I received my order today and I'm amazed by the quality of the bags and rack! The bags EXTREMELY well made. Definately worth every penny of the suggested retail price and a real steal if you consider their cost in the group buy! I can't wait to get home and get her installed! Thanks for such an awesome product Doc!

Doc Got em yesterday and easy install. An EXCELLENT QUALITY product you've come up with. Would highly recommend to anyone.

I received my combo pack set today. I already installed it and I've got to hand it to you. I am impressed with the heavy duty quality of the rack and packs.

“I just have to chime in and say what an excellent display of vendor / customer service. I am usually a little worried when purchasing from a small vender via the web but this thread and the supporting threads with comments from those who have received and installed the unit is just AWESOME! reps to Hindsight and I just sent a PM and will get my Pay Pal stuff together shortly for the order, thanks!!!”

“I had the MPAC mounted and used it CONSTANTLY. With everything readily available, I didn't have to unpack to get at the items I used most often. I have done expeditions without the MPAC but wouldn't want to do it again. It made a real difference.”

“Overall, I'm very pleased with the product and it greatly increases any storage area given by the wimpy OEM nets. This product is a great reason to be a part of this forum. Excellent idea, great tips on install which increases the love affair that I have with this vehicle. Thanks”

“I spent a few hours on Sunday installing the system. I LOVE IT. Actually, it only took about an hour total to install all of it, but the other hour was deciding what to put in all of those bags.”
“This is truly a great product and very easy to install can hardly wait for the side rack to be produced.”

“This is a great well designed product that delivers exactly what it promises.”
I was putting some stuff into the back of the FJ yesterday afternoon, after installing my MPAC and a very attractive lady walked by and, admiring my mod, said, "hey, nice package."

I had the misfortune of having a couple of defective snaps on on of my bags. After a couple quick e-mails and photos, Doc had a replacement in the mail **the same day**.

Awesome service. This is the kind of service that is sorely lacking is business now days.

Good stuff I HIGHLY recommend. Quality stuff and excellent customer service. Can't say enough good stuff.

Just wanted to thank you for such a nice product, it allows me to carry emergency supplies with me everywhere I go, even when I'm not on the trail! It also keeps everything nicely organized!

“In hand and can't wait to mount up! The Doc is great to work with and the product has been well thought out and is very well sewn. Packaging/shipping is just right and now I must get to work on the mounting.”

“After finishing the install I have full confidence in the weight it will hold, you'd have to actively try to overload the bags and then hit some severe bumps to cause enough damage to really damage the door panel.

"Overall I am would say I am very pleased with how it turned out. Item was shipped very quickly and everything needed was included, and the instructions were very clear and had a pic or two. Thumbs up!”

"So then along came MOLLE Installed the M-PAC/Springtail rack and we are EXTREMELY pleased with it. Everything looks professionally installed and is organized. "

"Overall, this system by far exceeded our expectations. Thanks Doc and all those who were behind the Springtail/M-PAC system for the FJ "

"I just got my double springtail kit in and man good quality and ive got lots of ideas cant wait to start on it thanks doc"

"My bags just showed up and man are they well made. Very heavy duty.
But my wife got them for me for Xmas so I'm not allowed to use them yet.
Thanks for the excellent product and service."

"Installed the M-Pac/Springtail rack earlier this afternoon... I told the hubby it took priority over putting up xmas lights! Took us about an hour from start to finish... in the freezing cold!

It rocks! Husband was highly impressed with the fast shipping, quality and ease of install.
HIGHLY recommended for all FJers!"
" Installed the M-Pac rack today, very easy install. I'm very impressed with the quality of this product."

"Installed mine too. A bit more than an hour by myself. The hardest part was threading the straps. Easy, high quality and my new favorite mod."

Good stuff I HIGHLY recommend. Quality stuff and excellent customer service. Can't say enough good stuff.

To all of our current customers...Thank You!!!

Doc

1 - 20 of 83 Posts