Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok so maybe not so much. I was hit by the april 27th tornado in Tuscaloosa Alabama and so was my FJ and apartment.

My fj is in the right of the picture and my apartment is in the left (what used to be the second floor)

I was there with my girlfriend when it hit but thankfully we had enough sense to leave our apt and run under the crawlspace of this house. Also thankful that
we picked this wall and spot to sit against.

Here's a short video I put together about the experience and it has even more videos in description.

BTW, The FJ was the least moved car in the parking lot and if I had the demello front bumper with hoop that i wanted, it would have been drivable (still totaled but drivable):rocker:

RIP old friend. 2007-2011

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
Amazing. Thankfully neither one of you got hurt. What do you do about living arrangements now?

·
Premium Member
8,997 Posts
Wow
It's amazing the destruction a tornado will do. I lived through a tornado when I was 5 . It destroyed our house, I was on the second floor, but walked out without a scratch .
You now have an opportunity to mod a brand new FJ :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Glad to hear you made it out ok. If I were you I would print out two copies of that first picture. A large one to frame and hang on your mantle and a smaller one to frame and mount in the new FJ the insurance money will buy you.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Yikes. Scary stuff. Glad you're OK.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Dude that sucks walrus balls. I'm glad you and yours are ok. On the bright side, that bandi mount is still looking good! :bigthumb:

Oh and why do you have that long bolt hanging out of your spare tire holder?

·
Registered
449 Posts
Glad you made it out safely! are you going to get a new FJ?!
:cheers:

·
Registered
862 Posts
Wow....Sucks dude....Glad you're o.k.......Make sure you start stripping off the usable/keeper parts NOW, I did it to my 88 4Runner right after Hugo hit, and the insurance company was none the wiser.....

·
Registered
327 Posts
That's so insane! You guys are very fortunate and made a great decision to get in the crawlspace. On another note I love it when you mention that is not your spare. Wouldn't it be a sight to see from inside the tornado how that spare came to rest in your FJ?

·
fka Silverheels
128 Posts
Wow! Amazing that you are OK but so glad to hear it. I hope your recovery goes well! Based on where you were and where that Jeep ended up, you ought to buy a lottery ticket!

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Hey saw your interview.. great job on it. I just shed a tear seeing the pics of your FJ. don't forget to grab the bandi mount off of it.. that still looked like it was in good shape :)

Mainly glad that you and your GF made it thru the ordeal.

Tornadoes are some pretty crazy events. there is never any rhyme or reason to what they take and what they leave behind in their paths.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts