Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is a great program. I do have one question though.

It seems as though the 6 year/ 100k mile warranty doesn't have a cost. Is this something you would negotiate out to get? How much does this normally cost?

I'm about 6 months away from purchasing, I really want to keep the payment within reason and I don't want to finance for 7 years, so I want a larger down payment.

I'm hoping the sandstorm color won't be so popular in 6 months or so.

Thanks for the help!!!

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Extended warranty costs are not published anywhere that I can find. If fact, there are several options (variable number of years, maximum mile limitation, and amount of deductable) for extended warranties. I was able to glean from information on this forum (can't remember where) that a 6-7 year / 100 K / $0 deductable extended warranty was available to dealers for around $800. Dealers will offer these for anywhere from $1200 to $1800 when you check out with the Finance Manager.

A line item for the extended warranty was added to the pricing program so a buyer would be reminded the finance manager will be trying to sell you one. If you are inclined to add the extended warranty, remember the price is negotiable and the dealership will always come at you with a high price. It is up to you to ask lots of questions (basically become a pest): 1. what is the deductable, 2. is it honored at all Toyota locations (in US and Canada, even if you don't go to Canada), 3. is it bumper to bumper (what is included and excluded), 4. does an accident (someone hits you from behind - minor damage) void the extended warranty for parts that were not damaged or affected by the accident, and 5. is it a Toyota warranty (this is not a funny as it may seem, my dealer sells Hondas, Toyotas, Chryslers, and Fords - and he offered me a Ford extended warranty - like that was going to work - BTW I didn't purchase any extended warranty).

If you really want an extended warranty, don't buy it when taking delivery of the FJ Cruiser. Ask to take the information home to study, with the proviso that you can add it within a week on purchase. The dealership won't like this, but tell them that this is the only way you will consider an extended warranty, and I bet they will relent.

·
Registered
19 Posts
wow thanks this is a great tool. im glad i found this before i bought one.

thanks again ! cant wait to get a fj

·
Registered
74 Posts
Great work, but can you PM me the password, or post it here? I'd like to add a few lines for some add-ons I have seen here in Texas. (Vehicle Shield, Tape Stripe, Window Tint) I was able to add them to the 2007 version but not this one.... :)

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
The program was not saved with a password. It was just protected to guard against someone accidentally putting a number in a cell where a calculation occurs.

To unprotect the worksheet, go to "TOOLS", then to "PROTECTION", and then click on "UNPROTECT SHEET".

Great work, but can you PM me the password, or post it here? I'd like to add a few lines for some add-ons I have seen here in Texas. (Vehicle Shield, Tape Stripe, Window Tint) I was able to add them to the 2007 version but not this one.... :)

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
The program was not saved with a password. It was just protected to guard against someone accidentally putting a number in a cell where a calculation occurs.

To unprotect the worksheet, go to "TOOLS", then to "PROTECTION", and then click on "UNPROTECT SHEET".
Thank-you for another excellent post.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Many belated thanks for your excellent work product! The spreadsheet was of immense utility when I purchased my 2008 Sandstorm in November last year.

·
Registered
133 Posts
A few questions, in row 13 you have the offer deal/deal price for all terain pkg higher than the msrp. Why is that? Same for rows 20 and 21, tow hitch and vip security. Row 19 is far below invoice. Just wanted some clarification or did i just miss something. Also any whay you could add in the 08 SE TT edition? Thanks for the hard work!

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I had changed some of the selected options, but neglected to change the offer/deal prices during the testing phase of the program. I revised it (see post 1 of this thread) to look logical. Thanks for the catch.

Regards, Ken

A few questions, in row 13 you have the offer deal/deal price for all terain pkg higher than the msrp. Why is that? Same for rows 20 and 21, tow hitch and vip security. Row 19 is far below invoice. Just wanted some clarification or did i just miss something. Also any whay you could add in the 08 SE TT edition? Thanks for the hard work!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey, do you happen to know what modifications I should make to this excel spreadsheet to come up with pricing for an AT TT?

I'm looking to buy within a few months a 2008 AT TT, with some extra options; was looking for XM Radio, Roof Rack off-road lights, passenger side arm rest, rear door cargo, off the top of my head i dont remember what else, i have the list on my other computer :)

Anyway I'm hoping to get a close idea of what I should pay, I have pre-approved financing with my credit union at 5.89% and they have a buyer purchasing program where they find the best price from all the nearest dealers and come back to me with that number, if I like it, I can tell them OK and they bring the truck to me, let me check it over, and sign if I want to buy..
Seems like a good bet unless toyota does a 0% financing jobby on it.

I'm hoping a Moderator will make this a Sticky.

View attachment 20607

If you can open the zip file there is an Excel Spreadsheet for you use to price the 2008 FJ Cruiser.

·
Registered
7 Posts
ok just reviewing the list; i think the AT / SE TT I looked at already had C7 or CQ, i want the roof rack air dam/lights, rear door storage, xm radio, VIP alarm, passenger arm rest..

Does anyone have comments on the VIP alarm? Does it work well? From past experiences I'm thinking I might want to go with the factory alarm instead of an aftermarket install..

·
Registered
7 Posts
looks like if i babble enough i can come up with my own solution..
I don't remember if the TT SE comes with CQ and C7 or not?
Does this config seem right? Anything I should consider/change? Thanks in advance..

(edit; just remembered C7 is part of the trail teams package already, so i just removed it and changed the image..)

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
I am negociating long distance over phone and with e-mail for a 2008
FJ Cruiser , auto , 4x4

The dealer across state mailed me his Dealer Invoice

There is one item on it that is unexplained and cannot be found
on Toyota.com nor on this forum's spread sheet

His invoice says

Convenience Package Retail $1000 Dealer $650

C8

Does anyone have any idea what this package consists of ??????

·
Registered
5,172 Posts
This particular "convenience package" if it's code if "C7" is a port installed option group that includes the roof rack ($649 retail) and tow hitch ($349 retail) plus the spare tire cover (retail $169) Total retail for this package is $1167/invoice $770

I think your salesperson is confused by his nomenclature, (or can't cut and paste worth a tinker's dam) most likely (based on his pricing, which he has confused as well) he has the following equipment in his offering and the FJ he's quoting in fact has C8 not C7

C8 is the port-installed "Off-road Package" it includes the rock rails and the Aluminum front skid plate ($1000 retail /$650 invoice)

I hope this helps :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
NOPE :

this invoice lists
C7 @ Retail $ 1167 Dealer $ 770

and next listing is C8 @ Retail $ 1000 Dealer $ 650

C7 is explained on Toyota website as the Roof Rack , Hitch , Harness &
Tire cover

BUT nowhere is there a listing , description of a C8

21 - 40 of 49 Posts