Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Those that were at the Summit this year may recall that a sealed canvas Trail Teams bag was given away just prior to the Super Charger. I was fortunate enough to take that baby home. Although I planned to wait until I got home to see what was in it, my dad broke the seal and went thru it like a kid at Christmas.

There was some really cool stuff inside.

1) FJ Cruiser stocking cap

2) FJ/TRD T-shirt

3) Embroidered FJ Trail Teams hoodie (Really nice & heavy) Packaging said "For early Press") Thinking these may have been given to some of the first view media folks who witness the unveiling of the first FJ Cruiser several years ago! If you can confirm this or know that my info is wrong please advise.

4) 2 set of Bill Burke's DVD's Getting PREpared and Getting UNstuck

5) 2 sets of Superwinch gloves

6) Original Trail Teams patch

7) Signed Trail Teams canvas map holder

8) Original signed FJC "Page" Tech Sheet! Soon to be framed.

A personal note from Bill Burke indicates that the Tech sheet is autographed by:
AKIO NISHIMURA- Chief Engineer
BILL BURKE-Protype Test driver
JOE BACALL-TAPG Test driver
VALUE>>>>ONE OF A KIND!
Of course authenticated and signed by Bill Burke.

I took a pic of this awesome pricless prize pack and included scanned images of the note and signed tech page.

All

Signed TT map holder

Hoodie front

Hoodie rear

Autographed FJC Tech Sheet!

Back side of FJC Tech Sheet

Note from Bill Burke authenticating and indication ONE OF A KIND!!!

:rocker:

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
Awsome stuff there Steve. I know you had a great time in the hills around Ouray. Looks like the raffle was good to you as well. Any time you want to come out and play... Coming to Cruisin' the Corners in October?

·
Registered
6,954 Posts
Very Nice, items are very collectible, you lucky B*****

·
Registered
189 Posts
Cool stuff, at least someone got lucky on the raffle.

·
Premium Member
9,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Awsome stuff there Steve. I know you had a great time in the hills around Ouray. Looks like the raffle was good to you as well. Any time you want to come out and play... Coming to Cruisin' the Corners in October?
We had an awesome time. Went thru the pics again today. Unfortunately all my wheeling will have to be here closer to home. I was lucky to have dad along with me to help finance the Summit trip. I will have to start saving soon if I want to make 2010!

·
RIP Tim
885 Posts
Those that were at the Summit this year may recall that a sealed canvas Trail Teams bag was given away just prior to the Super Charger. I was fortunate enough to take that baby home. Although I planned to wait until I got home to see what was in it, my dad broke the seal and went thru it like a kid at Christmas.

There was some really cool stuff inside.

1) FJ Cruiser stocking cap

2) FJ/TRD T-shirt

3) Embroidered FJ Trail Teams hoodie (Really nice & heavy) Packaging said "For early Press") Thinking these may have been given to some of the first view media folks who witness the unveiling of the first FJ Cruiser several years ago! If you can confirm this or know that my info is wrong please advise.

4) 2 set of Bill Burke's DVD's Getting PREpared and Getting UNstuck

5) 2 sets of Superwinch gloves

6) Original Trail Teams patch

7) Signed Trail Teams canvas map holder

8) Original signed FJC "Page" Tech Sheet! Soon to be framed.

A personal note from Bill Burke indicates that the Tech sheet is autographed by:
AKIO NISHIMURA- Chief Engineer
BILL BURKE-Protype Test driver
JOE BACALL-TAPG Test driver
VALUE>>>>ONE OF A KIND!
Of course authenticated and signed by Bill Burke.

I took a pic of this awesome pricless prize pack and included scanned images of the note and signed tech page.

All

Signed TT map holder

Hoodie front

Hoodie rear

Autographed FJC Tech Sheet!

Back side of FJC Tech Sheet

Note from Bill Burke authenticating and indication ONE OF A KIND!!!

:rocker:
how much?...LOL had to ask if you wanted to so ican sleep at nite...lol awesome

·
Premium Member
8,983 Posts
Nice swag you snagged ! :rocker:

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Very cool! i have a friend that was on that rubicon run, he said they had a blast. One of a kind stuff is super cool to have...congrats!

·
Kokopelli Moderator
3,236 Posts
Wilson,
Could you post a couple of shots of that T-shirt? That baby looks pretty darn cool! :bigthumb:
Bob

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts
Congrats, and thanks for posting this up for us to drool over, Steve. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
9,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wilson,
Could you post a couple of shots of that T-shirt? That baby looks pretty darn cool! :bigthumb:
Bob
It is a cool shirt. Working today, but will get on it soon.

Congrats Steve! Bill Burke is a cool guy, and really fun to wheel with. One of the most entertaining people I know.
Wish I had made his Summit demonstration class.

Congrats, and thanks for posting this up for us to drool over, Steve. :cheers:
Thanx, and your correct, he brought the goodies with him. :)

·
Premium Member
9,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
...and it just keeps getting better. While watching one of Bill Burke's DVD's (which is very informative and should be seen by all wheelers) I received the below email from from him. I am not so sure I didn't win the Grand Prize!
I copied with his permission...

Wilson, (got the name but not sure actually who you are!!!!)

Thanks for the kind words on the forum. I don’t usually monitor but a friend sent me the link.

It’s cool to see someone who appreciates the ‘winnings’ of the event.

The Hoodie was from the first Press ride and drive – what the industry calls a “Long Lead” event. Which is press only. They gave out only about 50 of those hoodies – so yes, pretty limited.

The autographed page is definitely “one of a kind” since at one of the many meetings we had for the prototype testing Akio, Joe and I were all in one room at the same time. Worked out.

I love sharing this kind of stuff with the people on the ground. Yes, it could be worth much and maybe look great on my ‘wall’ but I find it more rewarding to share it with the actual owners of the FJ who have the Esprit de Corps for the Toyota brand.

Enjoy the swag, take care out there,

Kind regards,

Bill Burke

Is that cool or what? :rocker:

·
Kokopelli Moderator
3,236 Posts
...and it just keeps getting better.
Is that cool or what? :rocker:
It is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY beyond "cool," my friend. It even goes way beyond "Rockin'"!!! :bigthumb:

I would probably print and frame the PM as well! :clap:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts