Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts
marketable said:
Checked out a Hummer dealership today and an H3, the way I want it, would cost 38-40K!!!! If a fully loaded FJ automatic is any higher than 30K, it's Xterra time. PLEASE TOYOTA, please keep the price down. I'm your young, adventurous, male buyer with an average income. Let me have my freedom.
I really do think "suprising value" means "competetive". With what you ask? The Nissan Xterra of course. The 6 cylinder Xterra was the bulleye for Toyota when they had the FJ in the development stage. Remember, the FJ will come standard with low cost "Element" style rubber flooring, cheap black steel wheels, and uses an existing Toyota frame, engine, tranny, differential, and transfer case. The development costs were in the new FJ body and meeting all current safety standards, mainly side impacts (no B pillar). I do think the 2WD base FJC will be priced at $21,995, or about $1500.00 above the 2WD Nissan Xterra. We should find out officially within the next 3-4 weeks.

I can't wait!!!! Thanks to you guys (mini, prat, percy, topless csherril and others) I will be so much more prepared and won't get dooped by dealers. You've also made more obsessed over the FJ than I have about anything....THANKS GUYS!

If the base 4wd starts near 25k I won't be to dissapointed. Anything more than that is getting a little ridiculous and I'd probably wait for rebates or a used one. Toyota's lineup is already overpriced IMO though so I guess I wouldn't be to suprised if the 4wd starts near 27k.

But I wouldn't put 30k miles on an investment in the first year or ever take it offroad. ;)

I'm not that worried about it. If the price ends up being higher than expected, it will probably just mean I can get one with some rebates sooner than if they really were "a surprising value".

cheazhd - beat a price out of somebody at OJAI this weekend. If they are going to be over 30K I am jumping ship. I won't pay that for anything. There isn't $30K worth of metal and plastic combined on these things. I'd sooner call the boys at ICON and get an original FJ40 at least resale on that badboy would be worth the investment.

Percy said:
cheazhd - beat a price out of somebody at OJAI this weekend. If they are going to be over 30K I am jumping ship. I won't pay that for anything. There isn't $30K worth of metal and plastic combined on these things. I'd sooner call the boys at ICON and get an original FJ40 at least resale on that badboy would be worth the investment.

You got it.

The market is hardly competitive here in Montana, but I just got a bid on an '06 Xterra Off-Road 4x4 for $325 above invoice ($24689). Interesting article in this month's Motor Trend detailing why they gave it their SUV of the Year award.

All this is to say that Toyota is usually savvy about the competition, so I would hope that they don't attempt to get greedy.

They won't get too greedy because the competition is still out there. There are a lot of unknown factors that Toyota has to keep in mind. However, they are sitting very nicely in the driver's seat considering the demand .

As much as we love this vehicle , there are just as many that can't stand it. Toyota has to think of this and counter with reasonable pricing.

Toyota will see a big surge of buyers once this vehicle hit the streets regardless of what the price is. Then things will setlle down and then here will come the ones looking for those deals, banking on end of year clearance..if there are any left :rolleyes:

fireice said:
Forget the gas price argument. Oil is under $50 a barrel and the oil companies have made their billion dollars profit that should hold them for some time.

Did someone mention gas price ??? I guess I missed something
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Forget the gas price argument. Oil is under $50 a barrel and the oil companies have made their billion dollars profit that should hold them for some time.
Hello, My name is fireice. I am lost and do not know where I am posting. Is this the forum on world oil prices? Good, let me spew some non-sense that doesn't correspond to anything on this thread or any other in this forum. Do I have everyone confused? Then job well done. Now let me go back in my dungeon before someone notices I was allowed to use the internet without adult supervision.

Check this link for some info. on the Xterra SUV of the Year award.
http://motortrend.com/features/news/112_news051025_suvoty/

I found three things interesting: #1. H3 in the category and clearly lost out to the Jap Crap that is the Xterra. #2. The fact that those idiots over at Motortrend forgot the S(upposed) U(tility) Vehicle Matrix from their list of canidates. #3. The fact that they used cars which would go onsale by Jan. 01, 2006. Would loved to have seen what the award would have been had it been extended to say March 31, 2006. I guess now we have to wait a year to see.

DocAltie said:
I found a 2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade today with 12K miles for $18.5K.

I think that is the way to go.
just remember you get what you pay for, doc. when your shiny new libo falls apart in 2 years and you get a trade in of like $4000 you will wonder what you were thinking...

I'm still wondering what he is thinking... When did this become the, "I'm in love with retarded vehicles" forum?

21 - 40 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.