Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I'm selling my stock size MTZ's and looking for an aggressive AT. Priced out some Toyo's and Nitto's.

LT295 70 17 Nitto Terra Grapplers - $305 per tire installed/balanced.

LT285 75 17 Toyo AT's - $375 per tire balanced and installed.

Has anyone seen better prices, particularly Ontario?

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
Bodegas
I had good luck at Desert Rat, ordered some Parnelli Jones Dirt Grip tires and DC-1 wheels (PJ's come in the 285/75/16's) i dont think they have 17's in that size. that said, they came mounted, balanced and shipped within a week. With the CN dollar strong maybe it's a good option to look in the US. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Well, I'm selling my stock size MTZ's and looking for an aggressive AT. Priced out some Toyo's and Nitto's.

LT295 70 17 Nitto Terra Grapplers - $305 per tire installed/balanced.

LT285 75 17 Toyo AT's - $375 per tire balanced and installed.

Has anyone seen better prices, particularly Ontario?

check this out!

Tire Details - Discount Tire Direct

you could potentialy save around $500.00

·
Premium Member
2,663 Posts
Brother those prices sound high. You can do better than that. Tire deals for less for Toyos.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Welcome to Canadian tire pricing!

That's not high, that's normal!

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Welcome to Canadian tire pricing!

That's not high, that's normal!
Brazenhead is correct. Unfortunately thats normal prices for Canada.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
WOW, I'd be driving to the US for tires. I paid $232 per tire mounted and balanced for 285/70/17 KM2s

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Ryan at Direct gave me a quote of $1156.00 Shipped. Then add about $120 duty and $100 to get them mounted and balanced for the Nitto's..... thats damn near my $305/tire again.

They say for the Nitto 295/70/17 at Direct your cost per tire is. $187.00/ea.

If you don't get the replacement certificates and the valve stems you're looking at $935.00 for 5 tires. They seem to be offering a 10% online ordering discount right now aswell. So total comes to $841.50 free ground shipping in the U.S.

Since I only live an hour or so away from Sweetgrass Montana, I can have them shipped to the UPS warehouse for free. I simply have to drive there and pick them up. When entering back into Canada I will declare them and only pay GST since we don't have a provincial sales tax. Duty is $0 as far as I know since I believe these tires are made in the U.S.

So it looks like right now would be the best time for me to buy considering the Canadian dollar is at par with the U.S.

So my grand total should come to 883.56 plus fuel for driving to the border.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I may have them shipped to the border also. Im about 4 hours to the border in Soo Michigan. That would save me $200 but cost me $160 in gas. Then pay the PST and GST. Im just ordering them and having them delivered.

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
Damm I miss living in ol Lethbridge and the runs to Sweetgrass for a beer. Yeh and now you could pick up parts too. Awesome. Beer & Modding parts. Life must be good in ol Deathbridge these days.

:cheers:

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Damm I miss living in ol Lethbridge and the runs to Sweetgrass for a beer. Yeh and now you could pick up parts too. Awesome. Beer & Modding parts. Life must be good in ol Deathbridge these days.

Your right life is good in the ol' Bridge, except the wind! Cross border shopping is like it used to be though, you've gotta drive further into the U.S. to get the real good deals.

When did you move from here?
What did you do while you lived here?

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
Moved 21 years ago. I am a native son of Lethbridge. Did various things before I left. Worked at John Deere just before I moved, worked at a couple of bike shops, had my own business and drove truck & some construction work. Haven't been back for about 6-7 years but your right I dont miss the wind.

·
Registered
579 Posts
I paid $ 206 per tire mounted & balanced for Wild Country RVT 33X12.5X17's (a aggressive mud terrain made by LeSchwabe Tire Corp.) at my local Kal Tire. They also test fit three other brands of 33's and a set of 35's using the fork lift to check for rubbage. No extra cost. True service :)

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
well Hawaii is not exactly cheap either! gotta pay monster fees for shipping hence the reason I really havent done er up yet

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
well Hawaii is not exactly cheap either! gotta pay monster fees for shipping hence the reason I really havent done er up yet

Yes this is very true, yet you don't need to live in an igloo and watch for polar bears on a regular basis. lol

I'm just being cheeky.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I just got Dick Cepek Mud Country Tires, 33x12.50x17's for $260/tire, all in at Hills Tire near Brantford Ontario.... wasn't able to beat that price anywhere else... CT Motorsports in Missisauga has great tire prices as well.... PM me if you want more info on these stores!!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Just thought I'd chime in here on tires...

I spent a great deal of time searching for the "best overall value" and chose the Hankook DynaPro MT RT03 [285/70R17 - 8 ply]. Mounted on OEM steelies...

I don't believe you'll find a more agressive tire that rides, handles and wears as well as this one -- for the money.

Priced right around $200 each, there is little to no noticeable difference in road noise either. Check 'em out.

Got mine at OK Tire. OK Tire Stores

Here's a couple reviews (for additional input, search Hankook DynaPro MT RT03 here in the forum...)

Hankook Dynapro MT RT03 Tire Test - 4Wheel & Off-Road Magazine
Hankook Dynapro MT RT03 Mud Tire Reviews

Happy Trails...

·
Registered
130 Posts
PS: whether you're buying tires, looking for a hooker or, I suppose - wantin to locate the best deal on the third innermost ring of a dog's ar$ehole...

Never buy ANYTHING without first using FROOGLE...

Just enter make, model and a part number if ya got it...then you can sort the hits by price-low; price-high; etc, etc...

It's an indispensible buyer's tool.

Google Product Search

Happy Trails...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts