Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im thinking about heading out to FJ Summit in Ouray, CO on July 16-17 and staying until the 22nd. Looking for some primitive camping out on the trails around the area. Any local knowledge and/or help would be appreciated. The rest of the internet doesn't seem to be too helpful. Thanks in Advance.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Just pull up a map of what is BLM land in the area and have at it. There are several online tools that will show you land ownership.

·
Premium Member
4,744 Posts
Im thinking about heading out to FJ Summit in Ouray, CO on July 16-17 and staying until the 22nd. Looking for some primitive camping out on the trails around the area. Any local knowledge and/or help would be appreciated. The rest of the internet doesn't seem to be too helpful. Thanks in Advance.
Get to 5 posts then PM me, and I'll send you some suggestions. There is some very close camping to town if you know where to go :)

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
The KOA outside of town is good for camping if you'd also like access to running water and showers/toilets, but if you don't need those luxuries then a lot of people head towards the amphitheater.

·
Admin
7,225 Posts
Get to 5 posts then PM me, and I'll send you some suggestions. There is some very close camping to town if you know where to go :)
I've upgraded his account so he can send and receive pm's.

I'll maybe see you around at the Summit @theBROfessor
:cheers:

Reactions: jimmy-buffett

·
Registered
291 Posts
yeah ill be doing primitive for the summit as well. Alta lakes is awesome. Cant imagine there will be many spots left during the summit at all the coolest spots though!

·
4-Corners Moderator
4,945 Posts
I've slept in the back of the FJ before right in downtown Ouray! Haha but good luck finding an epic spot! It is beautiful out there!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm following this thread, would love to hear what you find out. My wife and I will be camping a night or two as well and don't want to miss the opportunity to camp somewhere special.

·
トヨタ Master
7,900 Posts
I'll be primitive camping Tuesday night. I don't get the cabin until Wednesday for some reason. I don't know who booked a cabin through Tuesday night so I couldn't get all 6 nights. Must be some jeeper. Pfff!

:lol:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Live in Ouray. Lots of places. Owl Creek is about 25 miles from Ouray. 16 of which is on a diet road. Know a beautiful spot there. I pick up my FJ tomorrow. I work 2pm to 10pm Tue Wed and Thur 6am to 10pm on Fri and Sat. Would be more than happy to show you the good spot on Owl Creek in the am.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts