Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Went with the wife and pups on a little trip to central Oregon. Hadn't had a chance to do any off-roading with the FJ so I thought I'd put a toe in the water. Have done a few mods recently and was ready for some mild trails. Got myself a forest service map and headed out from Prineville to the Mill Creek wilderness area and headed uphill. One lane gravel to a dead end at the top. On the way down ventured on a side spur. Dirt road with dips and ruts for fun. Really neat to be out there running at your own pace , pulling over to enjoy the view. I can get real used to this. Need to get some armor for the bottom and breather mods and see about tackling a piece of the Barlow road.
Here's a few pics.

Loaded up and eager to roll

Roads end just ahead

My spotter

At the Painted hills

All my co-pilots
[/IMG]

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Looks awesome! We have been wanting to run on the east side, but haven't found any good trails yet. Your rig's looking pretty sweet there...

·
Registered
851 Posts
Great pics, looks like lots of fun! Those are some good-looking dogs you got there, what breed? :)

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sheffield and Gwendoline are Wire-Haired Fox Terriers. They are littermates, some sibiling rivalry mostly on her part, four years old. Pretty good pups. Hard to keep in the backseat. Wifey is a little to soft hearted.

·
Premium Member
644 Posts
Sweet looking rig! Nice Run

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks.

Cannot wait to get out again. Sitting here Google Earthing every dirt road in the west. Watching 4wd tv on the outdoor channel. I've got it baaaad.

Larry

·
Registered
141 Posts
Nice looking rig. you think you got it bad? It only gets worse.:rofl:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.