Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings, I am trying to find an online source which can print pdf map files with lamenation because the forest service is not providing paper maps. I have saved the maps on my tablet, hunstand, Onxmaps, gaia and phone because there is no cell service in some areas but I want paper as backup.
These are the pdf files
https://www.fs.usda.gov/main/kisatchie/maps-pubs

When I do searches all I get is how to print the pdf as 8x11 sheets and then taping or gluing, looking to avoid that pain.

Thanks for any suggestions.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Have you tried calling the Ranger Districts of the forest you want to visit? They usually have paper copies on-hand in the office. If you ask, they may even mail you the paper maps you desire for free. If not, then offer to send them a self-addressed (postage paid) mailer for them to drop the paper maps into and send to you.

I usually stop buy the Ranger Station and pick them up in person, but they are only open M-F (sometimes they have MVUM for nearby districts, saving me the hassle of going to each one individually). If I am really lucky, they have a few of them outside for me to pickup after hours. They can tell you where the best places to camp are as well....

Call the Ranger District. They have been super nice to me on the phone....

Reactions: Lee44

·
Registered
1 Posts
had good experience with Ranger District, really try to call them. but why u need online source which can print, if u can simply buy new printer and print it at home? Once I wanted to buy a new printer for my sister. She needed it for her studying at University. My wife recommended me to check this web site https://www.mrdepot.ca where I could buy cool printers from a new brand. So for me, these guys were the best solution because of their free delivery, a bunch of high-quality printers, and a variety of cartridges. I decided which printer suits me the best, and my sister was absolutely satisfied with that. If u still interested in this topic, u can check their site for more info, bro!

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Get your pdf file and take it to KINKOs they will print and laminate. Not sure of your original map size on the pdf but pay attention to scaling if you are thinking of that.
Just opened one of those files and they are 8.5 x 11. Double side print, laminate and put them in a binder of your liking

1 - 4 of 4 Posts