Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All I want to do is order the "subject line" but I need to know for a fact (ie. you run 16" pro comp wheels without spacers) so that I know EXACTLY which size to order. I don't have a decent shop nearby to do a "test fit", so I pretty much just want to buy the same wheels you have! I know, it's sort of a cheater way to do it, but it's the only way for me!

Thanks in advance. I've gotten some feelers back about Wheelers and the series 87s. Anything else is helpful.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I hate to "bump" my own thread, but it's been a while since this post and I was hoping on some help! Looking for some 16" alloys that work without spacers. TIA.

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Ok I was at my local 4x4 shop last week already to pull the trigger on the ProComp 87s since they don't need spacers and lo and behold the 87 has been discontinued....It got changed up to the 97 or something like that and they don't fit the FJ without spacer.....According to National 4wd.... You might want to try dealing online with WHEELERS.com. They are the same wheel for all intensive purposes...As far as I know.

·
Banned
182 Posts
Ok I was at my local 4x4 shop last week already to pull the trigger on the ProComp 87s since they don't need spacers and lo and behold the 87 has been discontinued....It got changed up to the 97 or something like that and they don't fit the FJ without spacer.....According to National 4wd.... You might want to try dealing online with WHEELERS.com. They are the same wheel for all intensive purposes...As far as I know.
Wheelers still (as of last week) had a pretty good stock of their "semi-custom made" 87 series with 2 different off-set choices.

Reasonably good quality for the money...very heavy steel and COSTLY to ship.

A few have had problems balancing these, but I've personally had good luck and only now have a small wobble after rotating.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've heard (unconfirmed) that the ProComp 8069 (apparently same as the 1069) will fit in a 16x8. Does anyone have these?

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
I have the series 87 pro comps. They fit. I have 34x10.50 superswamper LTB's mounted on 16x8 with a bs of 3.75 inches. Go with the 4inch bs if you are running wider tires or want them to stick out further laterally.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
I have the series 87 pro comps. They fit. I have 34x10.50 superswamper LTB's mounted on 16x8 with a bs of 3.75 inches. Go with the 4inch bs if you are running wider tires or want them to stick out further laterally.
More backspacing will make them not stick out as far. Brain hiccup Layton? :lol:

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
More backspacing will make them not stick out as far. Brain hiccup Layton? :lol:
never ever... haha:lol:

The 3.75" bs i got was something special a local shop got me i had never seen anywhere else online available. I was referring to getting the 4" as opposed to the 4.5" as the 4 is less so it will stick out more. The only difference in the wheels you can buy at Wheeler's offroad is the .5 inches in bs.
This info was correct last time i checked when i bought my wheels a few months ago.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So let me get this straight... Wheelers Offroad wheels ARE the ProComp Series 87? So, I could get my local ProComp dealer to order the Series 87 RockCrawler wheels in a 16x8 6 on 5.5 with a 4" bs and they will fit?

·
Registered
43 Posts
I my wheels from Wheeler's and they are Pro-Comp's. I got the 4" BS and mounted 285/75R16 extreme M/T. I thought this would not cause me any problems, but I have a rubbing issue. It may just be the plastic near the body mount or it is the body mount. It is very close so I might be able to remedy myself easily.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts