Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there guys, I'm planning on lifting my car within the next month, but I'd like to have your opinion on the 2 lift kits pro comp has to offer. I'm not sure which one I should go with. The reason I want to lift my car is of course for the look and ability to make it over some big boulders, etc. The lift with the MX6 SHOCKS is more expensive, but is it really worth it over the other lift that doesn't have the mx6 shocks? Thanks for taking the time to read my question.

6 in. Suspension System with MX6 Shocks

6 in. Front / 3.5 in. Rear
LiftRecommended tire size= 35 x 12.5
Knuckle Front Kit
Front / Rear Crossmember Kits
Rear Coil Springs
Front Coil Overs / Rear MX-6 Shocks

Systems feature extended steering knuckles and durable one-piece crossmembers that install easily and locate factory components for optimum performance and durability. MXc Front Coil-overs with MX6 rear shocks provide unmatched ride quality. This 6 in suspension system allows up to 35 x 12.5 in. tires. Minimal increase in factory track width.

6 in. Front / 3.5 in. Rear Lift
Recommended tire size= 35 x 12.5
Knuckle Front Kit
Front Coil Spring Spacers
Front / Rear Crossmember Kits
Rear Coil SpringsFront / Rear ES9000 Shocks

Systems feature extended steering knuckles and durable one-piece crossmembers that install easily and locate factory components for optimum performance and durability. This 6 in suspension kit allows up to 35 x 12.5 in. tires. Minimal increase in factory track width

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
My 02, If I were you, from what i have learned, I would go the extra exspense and go for the top of the line lift and do it once, you would be happy with the lesser lift I am sure but If you go all the way now, you might be glad you did in the long run.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
You're better off just getting the one with the MX-6 shocks, then you won't have to worry about upgrading later, plus it would be much more expensive to buy the cheaper kit then later buy the shocks.:cheers:

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the feedback guys. The more expensive one it is. :) :: high five ::

1 - 5 of 5 Posts