Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have noticed the stopping power of my 2007 FJC has been getting weaker. Exactly a year ago i replaced all pads and rotors with OEM. I did a 4k mile trip and never noticed any braking issues. Tonight i did the 2nd brake flush after 110k miles. I started driver front to drain the reservoir then went to passenger rear then driver rear. Great flow out of all them. Went to passenger front and barely no flow. Hooked up my mighty pump and was able to get some fluid out. Both front set of pads look equal in wear. Each time we press on pedal we hear the pump running. I have no indicator lights lit up on dash. None of the calipers are leaking fluid that I see. Vehicle has been in florida and has very little rust. Is this a master cylinder issue or a caliper issue?

My next step tomorrow will be to pull the caliper and see if it moves when pressing the pedal. I have a set of new OEM slide pins i will put in. What else should I check for?

·
Premium Member
1,725 Posts
You might have a brake hose problem but this is usually followed with brakes staying applied. I would wrap up the fluid flush and take a test drive to see if you have any pulling. Are you sure there isn't any dirt in the bleeder?

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I pull out the bleeder to inspect it does that impact the integrity of the fluid in the lines?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts