Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My FJ is still fairly new and more often then not when I try to open the passenger suicide door the suicide door handle just doesn't engage allowing the door to open.

I know this a safety feature and in the owners manual it says you have to open the passenger door open fully before the suicide door can be opened
and I swear I have done this, but it still wont open sometimes.

Anyone else having a problem like this?

I did discover there is a black plastic latch on the door jam that when you
push it in (spring return) you can always open the suicide door.

Just trying to figure out if its working as intended or if a minor adjustment is necessary when i get my first dealer visit.

·
Registered
499 Posts
never had this problem, i'm sure i've opened the suicide even when the front door isn't all the way open. it's strange that it only happens on the passenger side, might be a manufacture fault

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Never had this happen to me before, lat time I checked you just have to have the front doors unlatched ,not even fully open to open the suicide doors.

·
Registered
534 Posts
haven't had a problem (although I rarely use those doors except to clean back there)

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have also had this problem on the passenger side several times. The only way to open after this happens I found. Close the passenger side front door and press the unlock button on key chain again. This will release the door and then it opens. Since I can not reproduce the problem for dealer they have been unable to find anything wrong.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
PoconoPAFJ

Look for the black plastic latch on the door jam, just push it in and the
suicide door handle engages and the door opens. Based on the previous posters sounds like mine has a problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts