Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my CB mounted and a Wilson 2000 trucker on a Bandi mount. I was having problems tuning it. After going to the CB shop we tried 4 different antennas an found out that if you have a Bandi mount and a base loaded antenna with a ladder on the back door you will have a problem tuning the CB. We found out that a K40 4 ft super flex with a top load got a perfect tune. Good luck

·
Registered
427 Posts
I run a Wilson 1000 on a bandi mount and get a perfect swr. I have the bandi mount grounded to the frame, and I have a Galaxy 959 (which adjust's itself to whatever antenna you have) and I have no trouble whatsoever "getting out there".

·
Premium Member
501 Posts
I have a Gobi ladder and Bandi mount with a 3 foot Firestik firefly with perfect SWR. Did you scrape enough paint off of the door hinge to get a good ground?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The ground was good the guy at the CB shop thinks that the Wilson 2000 trucker ant was the problem because it is a bigger load and it sits 10" up from the Bandi mount. Everything else is perfect.

·
Premium Member
8,285 Posts
I just got my CB mounted and a Wilson 2000 trucker on a Bandi mount. I was having problems tuning it. After going to the CB shop we tried 4 different antennas an found out that if you have a Bandi mount and a base loaded antenna with a ladder on the back door you will have a problem tuning the CB.
That's because that antenna needs a good ground plane (metal surface perpendicular to the antenna) to radiate well, and there is not one with the Bandi mount.

We found out that a K40 4 ft super flex with a top load got a perfect tune. Good luck
So will a Firestik FireFly or a Wilson Flex, usually.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts