Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an Alpine IVA-W200, a Blackbird B100T, and the appropriate dock for the blackbird to integrate it to my head unit.

The blackbird seems to function normal in the windshield mount, and it has a new battery.

The blackbird acts up in the dock. It works intermittently on my head unit and is really finicky to get working in the first place.

Does anyone know a diagnosis procedure to find out what the problem is so I don't have to rip my FJ apart to replace pieces/parts a million times?

·
Registered
794 Posts
I have an Alpine IVA-W200, a Blackbird B100T, and the appropriate dock for the blackbird to integrate it to my head unit.

The blackbird seems to function normal in the windshield mount, and it has a new battery.

The blackbird acts up in the dock. It works intermittently on my head unit and is really finicky to get working in the first place.

Does anyone know a diagnosis procedure to find out what the problem is so I don't have to rip my FJ apart to replace pieces/parts a million times?
Check prongs on the dock and blackbird, they have a tendency to bend, make sure they are all straight.

·
Registered
88 Posts
i actually have the exact same problem and i can't figure it out either. i thought it might be a grounding issue, but i haven't ripped everything apart to find out. once i do get the unit working in the docking station, it turns off after about an hour or resets itself. maybe it's just overheating? if anyone has any ideas, i would sure love to hear them.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I purchased another dock from ebay, based on the advice from my local audio installation place. I'll let you know how it goes.

They said that the batteries are common to fail. I got a new one from pacparts.com for like $35. Might want to look into that.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
I have the newer model but when i first got it it kept freezing up on me had to always reset it so took it back got a new one no more problems any more , try rebooting it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.