Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Facts, Opinions, Conjecture.... I'm thinking about this kit 2007 - 2008 FJ Cruiser 3” Comfort Ride Tuned Suspension System - EXP-K5074B
1 EXP-57491 Front Coil Springs
1 EXP-57492 Rear Coil Springs
2 EXP-622053 ES6000 Front Strut
2 EXP-923553 ES9000 Rear Shock
I like the idea of replacing the front/rear shocks and springs. The price seems very fair @ $460. from 4 Wheel Parts. Thanks for any advise you all can give.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
You might look at the ToyTec kits as well. It accomplishes exactly what you are looking for.

I got the FRCC kit, which is four springs and added two ProComp extended gas shocks to the rear. The ride is very smooth with the ToyTec rear springs.

Lift looks great as well - plenty of clearance. Plus - ToyTec gives forum discounts! :clap:

·
Registered
83 Posts
It is hard to tell from the pictures, but I would look further into the front springs. They do not look nearly as beefy as the standard OME springs. If you are going to put a bumper on, I would be suspicious. The shocks as well you might want to explore a bit - make sure they are gas shocks.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I too have an ARB brush guard, so what you guys are saying is that the pro comp lift kit wouldn't be strong enough to support the arb?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts